• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kalamazoo picnic gets great video press coverage

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Great job guys! :monkey

I had to chuckle at the beginning of that news report, however.

The yellow "crime scene" tape in front of the pistol in the background?

Classic! :banghead: Gotta love the media.

hopnpop

imported post

Had major probs getting forum to open today - finally got in! And Zig, I think you came across quite well. Great job to all. The Fox WXMI vid was great. Gotta love a couple of the comments posted to the Gazette tho - people, I swear...

LaVere

imported post

That was a very nice TV piece and newspaper article. Quite well balanced.

I began to read the responding letters. I just can't believe there someantis out there that speak and act as they do. Why do they care so much of what others do. They aren't required to own a gun. How does my right and want to have and or carry a gun affect them. They can't possible be all seeing and all knowing as to my life and wants and needs.

The one commenter said the hunters could rent a gun from the DNR when we want to go hunting then return it. That is on par with logic of a 7 year old. ( My pardons to 7 yo )

Maybe he could rent a computer from the Government Computer Czar with all appropriate restriction. When he wanted to exercise the 1st amendment.

:cuss:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I wouldn't pay any attention to any negativity at the milive.com website; you could give statistical information until you are blue in the face and that still wouldn't change their opinions. They are basing their arguments on emotions; can't argue with crazy. If they want to find out the truth, this website was given. I doubt anyone that thinks citizens should'nt be armed will check it out, though.

I think Josh and Robert did a good job of presenting the information; I also think Lisa LaPlante was very neutral, as she should be. This was a very good, positive, and favorable report and we should be proud that "correct" information is being shown to more people than those who view this website.

Great job everyone!

autosurgeon

imported post

I agree Dr. Todd! I however get most disgusted when someone from within the ranks so to speak opens there mouth without first engaging the brain! As for the article and the TV bit they are very good reporting! I made my fisrt post a compliment to Kathy because She interviewed me and proceeded to write it down just as I told it!

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
There is a rabid CPL holder on there that is determined to cram his idea that CC is the only way:banghead: And he is downright lying:cuss:

lol - rabid... Seems so, doesn't it? Wow, he does seem to feel pretty strongly about OC vs CC. In a sense, I understand where he's coming from - in my CPL class, we were also told that if carrying concealed, it MUST REMAIN CONCEALED. It was much later when I learned that we were misinformed. And there's nothing written about transition from CC to OC, so...

As far as the anti's comments on mlive - I think I agree with what Dr Todd said - that you can state facts and stats until blue in the face and it doesn't make the slightest difference in their opinion, as they're not interested in facts, they're speaking on behalf of their emotions - and seemingly misguided emotions, at that. I DO understand that many ppl out there did NOT grow up in a firearm-friendly home and that their opinions have been primarily formed by biased media. That "liem" fellow, for instance, cut straight to name-calling and stereotyping. His argument, if you'd call it that, wasn't backed by anything substancial.

I agree that guns aren't for everyone. NOTHING is for everyone. But just because it's not for you, it doesn't give you the right to make it wrong for everyone else, too. Personally one of my greatest loves is skydiving. Again, NOT for everyone. But for someone who's scared of heights to stand on a soap box andscream out that it's dangerous and should be illegal is absurd.The infringement of personal choice is anti-American and anti-freedom. These people who ask for gov't to mandate personal choices scare the hell out of me. I'd swear, this is NOT the best country for them.

jbone

imported post

Sure it great seeing my home town in the news.

drew68

imported post

What about the guy who kept citing the case from Illinois about how the US constitution doesn't give us the right to keep and bear arms. He said that only the Michigan constitution does? Nobody seemed to have an answer for that.

btw, been lurking here for awhile now, my first post.