• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kalamazoo picnic gets great video press coverage

hopnpop

imported post

drew68 wrote:
What about the guy who kept citing the case from Illinois about how the US constitution doesn't give us the right to keep and bare arms. He said that only the Michigan constitution does? Nobody seemed to have an answer for that.

btw, been lurking here for awhile now, my first post.

Welcome aboard Drew68! This thread has pretty much died, with the Kzoo picnic being a while ago now. The last post before yours is from June 12th. Hopefully I'll see you in some ongoing discussions, i.e.: "list your carry experiences here" thread.

Also, you'll probably be promptly asked to click in the upper right corner "my account", and add your location to your profile. Hope you like what and who you find here.

autosurgeon

imported post

The guy quoting IL is an idiot .. I know him and he hates the 2A and is always looking for an excuse to try and nullify it. Also for everyone who says the 2A has not been incorporated... I say every state that has the language or like MI more specific language has incorporated it. However Just BC a state hasn't shouldn't mean the Federal 2A isn't in force... as Federal Law trumps state law if the state law is less strict or not there....

Our constitution has a more strict definition that clarifies it for us so as a result that really helps us. But even states that don't cannot say that the Federal law that is the constitution and the amendments is not enforceable... as the states had to vote on every amendment in the first place...