• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW on Silver Comet Trail

kkopp2005

imported post

Does anyone know the rulesfor CCW on the Silver Comet Trail? I ride my bike several times a week there and would like to CCW.

Thanks.

Peacemaker

imported post

Don't use any government owned bathroom buildings unless such a building is within a State park, WMA, historic site, or recreational areas.

topcat

imported post

Go see Marietta OC in this forum. Moving my Silver Comet trail comments to this thread. Rode from Carter Rd. to Seabord Ave. today and back, as well as Lucille Creek. Carried my Glock36 OC, no problems, saw no LEO's.

topcat

imported post

Rode the Silver Comet today from Hiram to Rambo Rd. OC'd my Glock. No MWAG calls, saw no LEO's, no problems. All the new signs at trailheads have no mention of firearms. Did see an older sign at mile marker 16.99 that prohibited firearms per park rules/ county ordinance.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

No such thing as an effective county ordinance like that in Georgia, thanks to the express preemption law.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Even if they were not ok with it, the conduct is still legal, and they would have to learn to live with it.

topcat

imported post

Amen to that! I well know it is legal to carry there, but I like to know what i may be up against and be prepared in advance when I travel. You can see that from my posts here and on GCO on cobb county. I like to educate the LEO's if I can in advance because they don't always know what the real law says.

rmodel65

imported post

topcat wrote:
Amen to that! I well know it is legal to carry there, but I like to know what i may be up against and be prepared in advance when I travel. You can see that from my posts here and on GCO on cobb county. I like to educate the LEO's if I can in advance because they don't always know what the real law says.

??? you mean GPDO? they are 2 separate things