Thread: Shooting on 64 in Chesapeake...

Post imported post

This makes OC of a rifle sound not so ridiculous...

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/06/part...icers-shooting

Post imported post

One place they say that one of the suspects had a "high-powered automatic weapon," and later in the story they say, "Authorities did not say what kind of weapon was used, but they warned helicopters hovering overhead that they believed the suspects had a high-powered rifle."

Hell, from that description and given the MSM's fact-checking and rigorous research, it could have been a 10/22.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Gee. Thugs.

What are the odds?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    One place they say that one of the suspects had a "high-powered automatic weapon," and later in the story they say, "Authorities did not say what kind of weapon was used, but they warned helicopters hovering overhead that they believed the suspects had a high-powered rifle."

Hell, from that description and given the MSM's fact-checking and rigorous research, it could have been a 10/22.

~ Boyd
    Yea maybe they had a 10/22 like mine They even could have had the "tommy gun" trigger I believe it's called haha

Post imported post

WAVY Channel 10, said it was an AK-47 that was used to shoot the officer during their news cast theother night.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    WAVY Channel 10, said it was an AK-47 that was used to shoot the officer during their news cast theother night.
    I would hardly call the 7.62 x 39mm round "high powered". Its more of a medium caliber than anything. Slightly more effective than the old 30-30 "pistol cartridge" for the M1 carbine.

I really get a kick out of how little research the media does about firearms. They really show their collective ignorance when they print some really silly ideas. When will they learn from their mistakes and find someone knowledgeable about the subject?

They all have their "experts" on the military and other subjects, so why not find a knowledgeable consultant that knows something about firearms?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    When will they learn from their mistakes and find someone knowledgeable about the subject?

They all have their "experts" on the military and other subjects, so why not find a knowledgeable consultant that knows something about firearms?
    because they're not interested in that.. folks don't half-ass things they want to get right - if they're getting it wrong it's because they don't care enough to get it right - in their case, truthful, calm description of firearms does not generate eyeballs to in turn sell ads..