• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting on 64 in Chesapeake...

TexasNative

imported post

One place they say that one of the suspects had a "high-powered automatic weapon," and later in the story they say, "Authorities did not say what kind of weapon was used, but they warned helicopters hovering overhead that they believed the suspects had a high-powered rifle."

Hell, from that description and given the MSM's fact-checking and rigorous research, it could have been a 10/22.

~ Boyd

CRF250rider1000

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
One place they say that one of the suspects had a "high-powered automatic weapon," and later in the story they say, "Authorities did not say what kind of weapon was used, but they warned helicopters hovering overhead that they believed the suspects had a high-powered rifle."

Hell, from that description and given the MSM's fact-checking and rigorous research, it could have been a 10/22.

~ Boyd
Yea maybe they had a 10/22 like mine;) They even could have had the "tommy gun" trigger I believe it's called haha

mobeewan

imported post

WAVY Channel 10, said it was an AK-47 that was used to shoot the officer during their news cast theother night.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
WAVY Channel 10, said it was an AK-47 that was used to shoot the officer during their news cast theother night.

I would hardly call the 7.62 x 39mm round "high powered". Its more of a medium caliber than anything. Slightly more effective than the old 30-30 "pistol cartridge" for the M1 carbine.

I really get a kick out of how little research the media does about firearms. They really show their collective ignorance when they print some really silly ideas. When will they learn from their mistakes and find someone knowledgeable about the subject?

They all have their "experts" on the military and other subjects, so why not find a knowledgeable consultant that knows something about firearms?

bdodds

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
When will they learn from their mistakes and find someone knowledgeable about the subject?

They all have their "experts" on the military and other subjects, so why not find a knowledgeable consultant that knows something about firearms?
because they're not interested in that.. folks don't half-ass things they want to get right - if they're getting it wrong it's because they don't care enough to get it right - in their case, truthful, calm description of firearms does not generate eyeballs to in turn sell ads..