• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Kannapolis/Concord Area

EtnieXD

imported post

Does anyone OC in Kannapolis/Concord Area? I have applied for my CCP and am now waiting the 90 days to get my permit. I was just wondering if anyone here has had experience OCing in the Kannapolis/Concord area so I know what to expect. Thanks for the help.

carter4612

imported post

i open carry on a daily basis in kannapolis and concord. never had a problem...actually had a lady with 2 children tell me the other day in walmart, people like me made her feel more safe. so yea...OC

DamnYankee357

imported post

As someone who works with the officers of Kannapolis I can add this: Most, if not all of them, are strong believers in one's right to own firearms. I carry a concealed firearm everyday from my home to work, and have had contact with officers while doing so...since I can carry concealed I have not seen need to OC. I did have a conversation with the Sgt. in charge of the 911 center and he did make mention of "Going in terror of the public" being used on at least one occasion at Walmart...the guy turned out to be a former officer...lol. I don't know as much about Concord, but the one occasion I did come in contact withthe Concord PD it was very friendly. I told him I was carrying and he said as long as I left it where it was we'd be good friends. I guess the main thing to remember is be polite, and keep those hands away from your weapon when dealing with law enforcement. They have a tough, thankless job and with budget cuts looming, hiring freezes and the like...they are doing more and more with less.

Keep carrying my friends, be mindful of the laws, and annoy the crap outta the liberals!!

(EDIT) Had a conversatoin with one of the Captains and the Chief this afternoon. Seems they recieved some calls from the Target about a man carrying a gun. From what I could gather he was not doing anything in the wrong. If I heard correctly he was charged with "going in terror of the public"...

EtnieXD

imported post

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the help. I just picked up my CCP yesterday. Surprisingly it only took a month instead of the 90 days everyone says. But thanks again I am sure I will still open carry plenty but at least I have options now.

Racer X

imported post

DamnYankee357 wrote:
(EDIT) Had a conversatoin with one of the Captains and the Chief this afternoon. Seems they recieved some calls from the Target about a man carrying a gun. From what I could gather he was not doing anything in the wrong. If I heard correctly he was charged with "going in terror of the public"...

I snipped this from another NC thread. It was posted by Landric...

Since "Going Armed.." is a common law offense there is no statute to read. Given that, there is a lot of misinformation about what the offense covers and what it does not. NC Crimes, the book used in BLET to teach criminal law, used by law enforcement agencies, and used by magistrates lists the elements of the offense to be (paraphrased by me)

1- Go about on public highways

2- Armed with an unusual or dangerous weapon (a gun qualifies)

3- With the intent to terrorize others

Intent can be proved by action or statement of the defendant, but under no circumstances would carrying a holstered handgun while going about one's business and not actively threatening to use the weapon by word or deed meet the elements of the offense.
Legally carrying a holstered weapon won't qualify, but IANAL.

concealnc.com

imported post

I have a conceal carry permit, but I rather open carry. Never had a problem, I never leave home without them, nor would I do business in a place that restricts my Civil Rights.

http://www.concealnc.com/

We should all get togather and do dinner and bring attention to the never ending 2A.

carter4612

imported post

steeley wrote:
I have a conceal carry permit, but I rather open carry.  Never had a problem, I never leave home without them, nor would I do business in a place that restricts my Civil Rights.

http://www.concealnc.com/

We should all get togather and do dinner and bring attention to the never ending 2A.

gary,

hope you are doing well. i took your conceal carry class back in february.

for those of you who are wondering about the classes gary teaches he is an excellant teacher and i highly recommend going through him if you are planning on taking a CC class.

and yea a dinner sounds nice. good idea