Thread: Question on OC Carry in NC

Post imported post

I have an appt for my conceal carry permit on Sept 10th, and then have 90 some odd days after that before I can expect to see my CCH permit. I should be getting my purchase permit within the next 1-2 weeks and I have a Bersa compact .45 waiting for me at my local gun shop in Concord NC. Once I recieve my purchase permit, do I need anything additional to carry open, until I recieve my CCH permit?

Thanks!

Post imported post

All you will need at that point (when you receive your firearm) is a clear understanding on when and where you can legally carry, and when you can legally use your firearm in self defense (Whether defending yourself or others).

Post imported post

ashecht wrote:
    I have an appt for my conceal carry permit on Sept 10th, and then have 90 some odd days after that before I can expect to see my CCH permit. I should be getting my purchase permit within the next 1-2 weeks and I have a Bersa compact .45 waiting for me at my local gun shop in Concord NC. Once I recieve my purchase permit, do I need anything additional to carry open, until I recieve my CCH permit?

Thanks!
    A holster and a clear head... thats about it... knowing NC law in and out would probably be helpful too...

Post imported post

Are you talking about the CCH class or your appointment with the Sheriff's Dept after the class?

I also recommend knowing as many of the firearms laws as you can get your hands on. And have a few answers for the typical questions about why you are OC'ing and why OC is legal. Search through the old posts, lots of good info.