• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Garden City Ordinance

dfox

imported post

Update: Back in March I noticed an ordinance in Garden City which gave the Mayor the following power: “Prohibiting or restricting the possession, sale, carrying and use of firearms, ammunition, and other dangerous weapons” during a “Proclamation of Emergency”.
I sent the city counsel an email requesting they amend within 90 days, based on the 1990 preemption law. I did not hear from them so I sent a follow up email last week.

Response: received today, “According to the city attorney you are correct. I will be moving forward to amend our ordinance. Thank you for making me aware of the issue”. It was signed by the City Manager.

ghostrider

imported post

dfox wrote:
Update: Back in March I noticed an ordinance in Garden City which gave the Mayor the following power: “Prohibiting or restricting the possession, sale, carrying and use of firearms, ammunition, and other dangerous weapons” during a “Proclamation of Emergency”.
I sent the city counsel an email requesting they amend within 90 days, based on the 1990 preemption law. I did not hear from them so I sent a follow up email last week.

Response: received today, “According to the city attorney you are correct. I will be moving forward to amend our ordinance. Thank you for making me aware of the issue”. It was signed by the City Manager.
Good work.