Thread: Garden City Ordinance

Post imported post

Update: Back in March I noticed an ordinance in Garden City which gave the Mayor the following power: “Prohibiting or restricting the possession, sale, carrying and use of firearms, ammunition, and other dangerous weapons” during a “Proclamation of Emergency”.
    I sent the city counsel an email requesting they amend within 90 days, based on the 1990 preemption law. I did not hear from them so I sent a follow up email last week.

Response: received today, “According to the city attorney you are correct. I will be moving forward to amend our ordinance. Thank you for making me aware of the issue”. It was signed by the City Manager.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Post imported post

dfox wrote:
    Update: Back in March I noticed an ordinance in Garden City which gave the Mayor the following power: “Prohibiting or restricting the possession, sale, carrying and use of firearms, ammunition, and other dangerous weapons” during a “Proclamation of Emergency”.
    I sent the city counsel an email requesting they amend within 90 days, based on the 1990 preemption law. I did not hear from them so I sent a follow up email last week.

Response: received today, “According to the city attorney you are correct. I will be moving forward to amend our ordinance. Thank you for making me aware of the issue”. It was signed by the City Manager.
    Good work.

Post imported post

Excellent!
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Good work and follow up to make sure they do it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.