Thread: Cam and Cmpany Mention

Post imported post

On the 6/5/09 edition of "Cam and Company" at NRA News, Cam Edwards' guest, Tom Gresham, in talking about the kind of activism needed by gun owners, told the tale related by Mark Marchiafava in http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...cycle+and+bill

He doesn't mention Mark by name, but describes how Mark called the legislator sponsoring a bill which would have prohibited the rider of a motorcycle from carrying a weapon. Mark conviced the gentleman to withdraw the bill.

I don't know how long they keep an archive of the webcast, so go to http://www.nra.organd go to the NRA News Archive for a look. It's only a brief mention, but we can all say we know this guy.

Banned

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
    The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
    I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
    The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
    This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.

Post imported post

Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.
    +1

i couldnt agree more. i don't always agree with MEM's approach or method of handeling the situation but he believes and fights for the same goal and rights that a vast majority of us on this forum do. Why keep harping on his post and nitpicking his every word?

Post imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
    When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
    The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
    I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
    The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
    This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.
    Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.

Banned

Post imported post

bigz wrote:
    nolacopusmc wrote:

Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.
    Make me.

Post imported post

we have a bad ass on a keyboard:shock:

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:

+2
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org