Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cam and Cmpany Mention

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    On the 6/5/09 edition of "Cam and Company" at NRA News, Cam Edwards' guest, Tom Gresham, in talking about the kind of activism needed by gun owners, told the tale related by Mark Marchiafava in http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...cycle+and+bill

    He doesn't mention Mark by name, but describes how Mark called the legislator sponsoring a bill which would have prohibited the rider of a motorcycle from carrying a weapon. Mark conviced the gentleman to withdraw the bill.

    I don't know how long they keep an archive of the webcast, so go to http://www.nra.organd go to the NRA News Archive for a look. It's only a brief mention, but we can all say we know this guy.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
    The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
    I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
    The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
    This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

    Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

    He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

    Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    68

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

    He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

    Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.
    +1

    i couldnt agree more. i don't always agree with MEM's approach or method of handeling the situation but he believes and fights for the same goal and rights that a vast majority of us on this forum do. Why keep harping on his post and nitpicking his every word?



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    68

    Post imported post

    nolacopusmc wrote:
    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
    The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
    I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
    The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
    This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

    Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.
    Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    bigz wrote:
    nolacopusmc wrote:
    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
    The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
    I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
    The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
    This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

    Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.
    Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.
    Make me.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    68

    Post imported post

    we have a bad ass on a keyboard:shock:

  8. #8
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

    He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

    Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.
    +2
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •