• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cam and Cmpany Mention

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On the 6/5/09 edition of "Cam and Company" at NRA News, Cam Edwards' guest, Tom Gresham, in talking about the kind of activism needed by gun owners, told the tale related by Mark Marchiafava in http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=23886&forum_id=26&highlight=motorcycle+and+bill

He doesn't mention Mark by name, but describes how Mark called the legislator sponsoring a bill which would have prohibited the rider of a motorcycle from carrying a weapon. Mark conviced the gentleman to withdraw the bill.

I don't know how long they keep an archive of the webcast, so go to http://www.nra.organd go to the NRA News Archive for a look. It's only a brief mention, but we can all say we know this guy.

imported post

When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
When I called that state rep, I immediately got the impression he really didn't want to introduce that particular bill, but he felt pressured by some Jefferson parish deputy, I believe.
The part about violating his oath of office appeared to have struck a nerve with him.
I didn't try to bully or threaten him, merely asked why he'd do something so blatantly in contradiction with the state constitution.
The conversation we had pretty much gave him an out, a basis to tell his constituent "NO."
This is how LOTS of really bad ideas become "law" in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.

KBCraig

imported post

Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.

bigz

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Nolacop, don't you have anything in your life that means more to you than trolling every old post of MEM's?

He and I certainly don't see eye to eye on our approach to interpersonal relations, but you're rapidly sinking to the level of "just another internet troll".

Seriously... you're ruining the Louisiana forums even for people who don't necessarily fawn over MEM. It's tiresome. It's immature. Quit it.

+1

i couldnt agree more. i don't always agree with MEM's approach or method of handeling the situation but he believes and fights for the same goal and rights that a vast majority of us on this forum do. Why keep harping on his post and nitpicking his every word?

bigz

imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:

Could you just move since this state is so horrible. you would be much happier in Califormnia.
Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

bigz wrote:
nolacopusmc wrote:

Take your own advice if this forum and its members bug you that much. move to another forum.

Make me.

bigz

imported post

:uhoh:we have a bad ass on a keyboard:shock:

sraacke

imported post

KBCraig wrote:

+2