Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: small pocket auto/revolver

Post imported post

I'm looking for any reliable and small pistol or revolver. The caliber is unimportant, as long as it's a round that's still in production. Snubby revolvers are a bit big. I need something that would fit in a jeans pocket. I'm looking to spend under $200. If you have anything, let me know!

I live in Pullman.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Try a Jennings J-22 or a Raven. The last Raven I owned ran like a top. Or if you hunt around you might be able to scare up a Kel Tec P32 for that price. I've got one on the bottom of the bay I'll sell you cheap if you can find it...

Post imported post

Whoa, your P32 fell into the water? Yikes! At least now you'll be telling the truth when you tell the government thugs the classic "tragic boating accident" story. :shock:

I'm a little scared to buy a Raven or Jennings. Some people have good luck with them, others don't.

Man, I wish the dealers in Spokane and Clarkston had web sites.

Post imported post

Check out the Phoenix Arms HP22.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Whoa, your P32 fell into the water? Yikes! At least now you'll be telling the truth when you tell the government thugs the classic "tragic boating accident" story. :shock:

I'm a little scared to buy a Raven or Jennings. Some people have good luck with them, others don't.

Man, I wish the dealers in Spokane and Clarkston had web sites.
    Raven is a fine gun. Inexpensive but pretty nice. If you can get one of the later ones made by Phoenix Arms, they probably are the best of the bunch, but no longer made.

Or like Jeeper suggests, the HP-22 also by Phoenix Arms.

Post imported post

Dave's Guns and Sharp Shooting both have web sites. Google or Bing them
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

How small ? A makarov comes to mind but thats in the lower range of a midsize in some ways , probably should just hit up a gunshow , you can regularly find smaller old revolvers for around $150 at em and I trust them more then alot of cheaper modern guns

Post imported post

The trick with them is a good grip. You never want to grip them like a curve ball. A straight up fastball grip is the best. That way you can deliver the gun directly and with good speed at your intended target. A Raven or Jennings bounced off a bad guys noggin can be very effective.

Post imported post

Hahaha that last comment was great. :celebrate

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State.

Yeah, I know, DNP list and all... but it's $199!

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.

Post imported post

The Phoenix Arms HP22 is very close in size to the Keltec P3AT.
    Keltec on the HP.

Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

The Phoenix Arms HP22 is very close in size to the Keltec P3AT.
    Maybe so, but the .380 is twice the defensive round that .22 is.

Post imported post

True, but the P3AT is also almost twice the price of the HP22. I'm a starving college student, so my choice is between a really cheap gun or no gun.

I've always got my S&W 59, but it's too big for concealment in this weather.

Post imported post

Coming to the Seattle/Tacoma area? I've got a P32 (still better than a .22) that could be for sale (I've actually had the same guy here on OCDO interested in it--twice--but somehow he never seems willing to actually take the plunge and meet up to buy it.)

Oh, and I should add a full disclosure on price: while I'm asking just $200 for the P32 itself, I'm not really willing to sell it w/o the extra mags, holsters, several boxes of .32 ammo, etc. These are all fairly attractively priced (IMO, PM me if you want all the details) but all told they do add up somewhat.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    True, but the P3AT is also almost twice the price of the HP22. I'm a starving college student, so my choice is between a really cheap gun or no gun.

I've always got my S&W 59, but it's too big for concealment in this weather.
    If you could find a Kel-Tec P11, it'll take your S&W's mags in a pinch, but is also pocket-concealable. Mine fits OK in most of my pockets without being obvious.

Post imported post

Thanks again for the suggestions. Kparker, I'll be in town on the 4th of July weekend, but by then I'll probably already have something. I'll PM you if I'm still on the market when the time approaches.

Post imported post

Well, looks like I broke my own rules. Went down to Clarkston today and bought an FEG PA-63. It's smaller than a Mak, but bigger than I wanted. However, it's super comfortable to hold and from what I've heard it's quite reliable. With the right holster I should be able to conceal it.

EDIT: Pic

Post imported post

A buddy of mine just got a Ruger LCP for a little over $200. I'd recomend it. Highly concealable.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State.

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.
    Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:

Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.
    You can buy long guns from a neighboring state, but not handguns.

Post imported post

That's just Idaho law then not federal, I guess I'll just wait till I visit Alaska.

Post imported post

I think we should start another thread with heading "Show your pocket carry." and lets see what everybody carry for their pocket carry. and also we can do a poll in it and see how many of us carry in pocket while opencarry or without. just a suggestion

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:

Umm...no....wrong.

You can buy any handgun you want from any state in the union as long as its shipped from FFL to FFL.

You can only "cash and carry" a long-gun.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:

Umm...no....wrong.

You can buy any handgun you want from any state in the union as long as its shipped from FFL to FFL.

Yes I know. In my opinion, it doesn't count if you have it shipped. If I have a pistol shipped from Idaho to Washington, I'm doing the transfer in my own state. In essence, I'm buying it in my own state.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Umm...no....wrong.

Yes I know. In my opinion, it doesn't count if you have it shipped. If I have a pistol shipped from Idaho to Washington, I'm doing the transfer in my own state. In essence, I'm buying it in my own state.
    I have to assume by your example that you live in Washington and have found a handgun in Idaho.

You are actually not buying the handgun in Washington. If you find a store in Idaho, you are purchasing from the store in Idaho, then THEY are shipping it to your FFL of choice in your home state, from whom you take possession and pay the FFL transfer fee (if any).

All this does is keep you from legally taking possession of the handgun outside of your home state.

So again, you can BUY a handgun from any store in the union, but you cant take possesion of it in any state but your home state.

Post imported post

Quick question: is a private sale over state lines legal? I live on the border and I would like to sell a pistol. If I post an ad I may get Oregon replies to my ad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast