• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wanted: small pocket auto/revolver

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I'm looking for any reliable and small pistol or revolver. The caliber is unimportant, as long as it's a round that's still in production. Snubby revolvers are a bit big. I need something that would fit in a jeans pocket. I'm looking to spend under $200. If you have anything, let me know!

I live in Pullman.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Try a Jennings J-22 or a Raven. The last Raven I owned ran like a top. Or if you hunt around you might be able to scare up a Kel Tec P32 for that price. I've got one on the bottom of the bay I'll sell you cheap if you can find it...

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Whoa, your P32 fell into the water? Yikes! At least now you'll be telling the truth when you tell the government thugs the classic "tragic boating accident" story. :shock:

I'm a little scared to buy a Raven or Jennings. Some people have good luck with them, others don't. :uhoh:

Man, I wish the dealers in Spokane and Clarkston had web sites.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
Whoa, your P32 fell into the water? Yikes! At least now you'll be telling the truth when you tell the government thugs the classic "tragic boating accident" story. :shock:

I'm a little scared to buy a Raven or Jennings. Some people have good luck with them, others don't. :uhoh:

Man, I wish the dealers in Spokane and Clarkston had web sites.
Raven is a fine gun. Inexpensive but pretty nice. If you can get one of the later ones made by Phoenix Arms, they probably are the best of the bunch, but no longer made.

Or like Jeeper suggests, the HP-22 also by Phoenix Arms.

Lord_Kalen

imported post

How small ? A makarov comes to mind but thats in the lower range of a midsize in some ways , probably should just hit up a gunshow , you can regularly find smaller old revolvers for around $150 at em and I trust them more then alot of cheaper modern guns

rickomatic

imported post

I'm a little scared to buy a Raven or Jennings. Some people have good luck with them, others don't.

The trick with them is a good grip. You never want to grip them like a curve ball. A straight up fastball grip is the best. That way you can deliver the gun directly and with good speed at your intended target. A Raven or Jennings bounced off a bad guys noggin can be very effective.

;)

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Hahaha that last comment was great. :celebrate

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State. :banghead:

Yeah, I know, DNP list and all... but it's $199!

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.

jeeper1

imported post

The Phoenix Arms HP22 is very close in size to the Keltec P3AT.
Keltec on the HP.
hp22p3aycomparison002.jpg

hp22p3aycomparison003.jpg

Dr. Fresh

imported post

True, but the P3AT is also almost twice the price of the HP22. I'm a starving college student, so my choice is between a really cheap gun or no gun.

I've always got my S&W 59, but it's too big for concealment in this weather.

kparker

imported post

Coming to the Seattle/Tacoma area? I've got a P32 (still better than a .22) that could be for sale (I've actually had the same guy here on OCDO interested in it--twice--but somehow he never seems willing to actually take the plunge and meet up to buy it.)

Oh, and I should add a full disclosure on price: while I'm asking just $200 for the P32 itself, I'm not really willing to sell it w/o the extra mags, holsters, several boxes of .32 ammo, etc. These are all fairly attractively priced (IMO, PM me if you want all the details) but all told they do add up somewhat.

knight_308

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
True, but the P3AT is also almost twice the price of the HP22. I'm a starving college student, so my choice is between a really cheap gun or no gun.

I've always got my S&W 59, but it's too big for concealment in this weather.

If you could find a Kel-Tec P11, it'll take your S&W's mags in a pinch, but is also pocket-concealable. Mine fits OK in most of my pockets without being obvious.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Thanks again for the suggestions. Kparker, I'll be in town on the 4th of July weekend, but by then I'll probably already have something. I'll PM you if I'm still on the market when the time approaches.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Well, looks like I broke my own rules. Went down to Clarkston today and bought an FEG PA-63. It's smaller than a Mak, but bigger than I wanted. However, it's super comfortable to hold and from what I've heard it's quite reliable. With the right holster I should be able to conceal it.

EDIT: Pic

rrrvv6.jpg

FunkTrooper

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State. :banghead:

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.
Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:

Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.
You can buy long guns from a neighboring state, but not handguns.