• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wanted: small pocket auto/revolver

Manu

imported post

I think we should start another thread with heading "Show your pocket carry." and lets see what everybody carry for their pocket carry. and also we can do a poll in it and see how many of us carry in pocket while opencarry or without. just a suggestion

FMCDH

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
Hahaha that last comment was great. :celebrate

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State. :banghead:

Yeah, I know, DNP list and all... but it's $199!

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.
Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.
You can buy long guns from a neighboring state, but not handguns.
Umm...no....wrong.

You can buy any handgun you want from any state in the union as long as its shipped from FFL to FFL.

You can only "cash and carry" a long-gun.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
Hahaha that last comment was great. :celebrate

Thanks all for the suggestions. Might be making a trip to a gun store pretty soon here. Sucks I can't buy a pistol in Idaho. They have a P32 for $199 at Tri-State. :banghead:

Yeah, I know, DNP list and all... but it's $199!

EDIT: Lord Kalen, I think the Makarov is a bit too big. I've handled a few, and while I like them, I need something for deep concealment in summer clothing.
Why can't you buy from Idaho? I know I can't because I'm not yet officially a resident WA I thought It was okay as long as you were in a neighboring state.
Umm...no....wrong.

You can buy any handgun you want from any state in the union as long as its shipped from FFL to FFL.

Yes I know. In my opinion, it doesn't count if you have it shipped. If I have a pistol shipped from Idaho to Washington, I'm doing the transfer in my own state. In essence, I'm buying it in my own state.

FMCDH

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
Umm...no....wrong.

Yes I know. In my opinion, it doesn't count if you have it shipped. If I have a pistol shipped from Idaho to Washington, I'm doing the transfer in my own state. In essence, I'm buying it in my own state.
I have to assume by your example that you live in Washington and have found a handgun in Idaho.

You are actually not buying the handgun in Washington. If you find a store in Idaho, you are purchasing from the store in Idaho, then THEY are shipping it to your FFL of choice in your home state, from whom you take possession and pay the FFL transfer fee (if any).

All this does is keep you from legally taking possession of the handgun outside of your home state.

So again, you can BUY a handgun from any store in the union, but you cant take possesion of it in any state but your home state.

Weave

imported post

Quick question: is a private sale over state lines legal? I live on the border and I would like to sell a pistol. If I post an ad I may get Oregon replies to my ad.

FMCDH

imported post

Weave wrote:
Quick question: is a private sale over state lines legal? I live on the border and I would like to sell a pistol. If I post an ad I may get Oregon replies to my ad.
Yes, but it must be shipped from an FFL in your state, to an FFL in the buyers state which the buyer will take possession, pay any applicable FFL fees and undergo a background check.

You can use a third party auction house like gunbroker.com to sell it for the best possible market.

You may be charged by your FFL of choice as well, but most people push that cost along to the buyer.

CaptainAttila

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
Well, looks like I broke my own rules. Went down to Clarkston today and bought an FEG PA-63. It's smaller than a Mak, but bigger than I wanted. However, it's super comfortable to hold and from what I've heard it's quite reliable. With the right holster I should be able to conceal it.
For your budget, I think you're going to be really happy with this. It's got the added bonus that 9x18 Makarov has been easier to find than either 9x19 or .380. I was going to post that Polish P-64s have been available over here for $218, but I think you've got a better pistol.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I should mention I got my CZ 82 for $199 plus tax. I'm tempted to get both the Hungarian and Polish pistols discussed here, and hunt down a Russian Makarov.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Dr. Fresh wrote:
Umm...no....wrong.

I have to assume by your example that you live in Washington and have found a handgun in Idaho.

You are actually not buying the handgun in Washington. If you find a store in Idaho, you are purchasing from the store in Idaho, then THEY are shipping it to your FFL of choice in your home state, from whom you take possession and pay the FFL transfer fee (if any).

All this does is keep you from legally taking possession of the handgun outside of your home state.

So again, you can BUY a handgun from any store in the union, but you cant take possesion of it in any state but your home state.
I am aware of all this, and it's just semantics. The point is, I can't buy a pistol in Idaho without going to a lot of trouble. It was easier for me to drive the 45 minutes to Clarkston than to have a shop in Moscow mail a pistol to Colfax, where I would have to pay to have it transferred.

EDIT: Captainattila, I've seen the P64s for way less than $218. J&G has them for about 150 I think.

FMCDH

imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
I am aware of all this, and it's just semantics. The point is, I can't buy a pistol in Idaho without going to a lot of trouble. It was easier for me to drive the 45 minutes to Clarkston than to have a shop in Moscow mail a pistol to Colfax, where I would have to pay to have it transferred.
Remember, semantics are important when dealing with the "legal details" and I am not just writing as a response to you ,but as a clarification to those who may not understand these very important details.

I am responding for those who may read this seeking advise on this subject weeks or months from now.

Don't take it personal.