• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry movement disturbs the anti-gun publication "The Gun Guys"

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

6L6GC wrote:
"the Gun Guys" deal is a front group for the "Freedom States Alliance". Check the icon at the bottom of their page which says so. Then just for fun, check out the Freedom States Alliance webpage for some REAL stupid horse apples.
Are the FSA part of that big ACORN charlie foxtrot ?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Shame they didn't show the big bad 50 cal couldn't even penetrate 3" of water.
Last time I was in one, the containment pool is much deeper than this.

But where is the danger of the wife and child being the playtoy of the armed thugs
who ignore not just the gun laws when they hijack the bus.
Where is the outrage of the wife and kids driving by a bar and drunks getting in cars.

I am more concerned that my children are not allowed to defend themselves under
current law, than the coffee drinker at starbucks having a gun.
But LEO is trained, then why all the dead citizens with the door kicked in for no
reason other than the outstanding training by government types.
No lets get laws holding government entities liable when they either kill
citizens, or stand aside and let citizens be killed. Then we can work on some
'common' sense laws like, No Infringement!

Are they for real, or is this one of those 'Onion' sites?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Are these people trying for COMEDY?

I have an idea for them. They can get lots of publicity and save money. All they gotta do is make some signs that say "and guns, too" and then find out where the loons from Westboro Baptist Church are holding their next "God Hates Fags" rally.

Then, just hold up the "and guns too" signs next to a "God hates Fags" sign and BOTH groups have doubled their crowd and everybody else has TWICE as many people to laugh and throw rocks at. Do they have a calliope?:celebrate

rpyne

imported post

yale wrote:
squisher wrote:
(Maybe that's the whole problem with anti-gunners, they don't have enough control over their emotions to trust themselves with weapons -- and moreover can't see how anyone else can, leading to them believing that no-one should have weapons).
WAIT!!! That right there...What you just said...is somethig I've heard quite a bit. I have had many coworkers, neighbors, etc.. say that they can't trust themselves, that they would likely shoot someone for simply yelling at them or cutting them off in traffic. So because they can't trust themselves to be responsible with a firearm they don't believe that you can control yourself. THAT is waht we are up against.
That is one of the points that Dr. Sarah Thompson makes in her psychological analysis of the anti gunners.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Flyer22

imported post

JohnK87 wrote:
"The real world implications of the open carry crusade is chilling. Consider:
  • Sipping hot chocolate with your toddler at Starbucks while a fellow patron openly displays a gun at the table next to you;
I got a chuckle out of this. They don't explain how they know, but apparently hot chocolateis deadlierthan coffee.

Maybe we can parse this out--the toddler starts crying; the hot chocolate gets upset and spills itself; that startles the gun; and then the gun shoots the toddler.

possumboy

imported post

The real world implications of the open carry crusade is chilling. Consider:

• Sipping hot chocolate with your toddler at Starbucks while a fellow patron openly displays a gun at the table next to you;
  • Attending a church service with your entire family knowing that the fellow parishioner sitting next to you has a handgun tucked in his belt; or
  • Boarding a crowded bus with your newborn child with upwards of 5 other passengers openly carrying weapons.
Done all three

I've sipped hot chocolate with my toddlers at Starbucks - wait, it was me openly displaying a gun at the table.

Attended "church" service with my entire family knowing that I could defend them if someone attacked - which has been shown to happen.

Boarded a crowded bus with my newborn while three (3) others were openly carrying weapons. Four (4) people where openly carrying in total.

If freedom is abnormal, I guess I qualify. Debt is normal, so I guess I'm abnormal there also.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Abnormal... by whose standards? I s'pose the guys who wrote the 2A were absolute moonbats according to the 'Gun Guys'. I'm not even sure they're actually 'guy's'. Of note is the constant... children... family... angle of their fearmongering. This is pure agitation propaganda... amaturish, but propaganda nonetheless.

So... you 'n Junior are sittin' in Starbucks... suckin' down a latte'... and some wild-eyed 'banger hits the place up with a '9'. Robbery ain't good enough... so he begins a mag dump on the customers. There is no 'open carrier' at the table next to you. You can't even scream 'cause that sucking chest wound you just received won't let you.

Five miles away... Officer Happy drops his donut as the dispattcher gives him a call of 'shots fired' at your pos. Officer Happy arrives 'bout the same time you're throwin' a seven. Junior is pleading... "Daddy... you should'a bought a gun." into your dead ear.

suntzu

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
suntzu wrote:
I'll say it again--you can't fix stupid....
Actually you can. A guard at the Holocaust Museum did today.
on second thought--maybe you can fix stupid...but that was an abnormal level of stupidity...

I have an idea..why not take every anti-gunner in the country and draft them into the military--only the antigunners...and then put them on the front lines in North Korea and Iran--make them the pointy end of the spear...

squisher

imported post

rpyne wrote:
yale wrote:
squisher wrote:
(Maybe that's the whole problem with anti-gunners, they don't have enough control over their emotions to trust themselves with weapons -- and moreover can't see how anyone else can, leading to them believing that no-one should have weapons).
WAIT!!! That right there...What you just said...is somethig I've heard quite a bit. I have had many coworkers, neighbors, etc.. say that they can't trust themselves, that they would likely shoot someone for simply yelling at them or cutting them off in traffic. So because they can't trust themselves to be responsible with a firearm they don't believe that you can control yourself. THAT is waht we are up against.
That is one of the points that Dr. Sarah Thompson makes in her psychological analysis of the anti gunners.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm
Probably where my subconscious got the idea -- I've read that article, it's a good one, I just forgot about it :)

CrossFire

imported post

Beau wrote:
After all, allowing a small group of armed gun owners -- versus trained law enforcement officers -- to make potentially life and death decisions about public safety in restaurants, churches, theaters and parks is a frightening prospect
A small group? OC'ers may be a small group. The number of people who carry CC is larger. So are they anti carry or just anti OC? I guess the old saying "out of sight , out of mind" applies here.

And why is it so frightening for non LE to make a decision regarding the saving of lives? LE can not be everywhere. As most of us know they have no legal duty to protect the individual.

I don't really understand the fuss anti groups are kicking up about OC. Personally I like to know who around me is armed.

Thats just it. They want all guns to magically go away, they want no one around them armed. They only tolerate LEO because they are LEO and criminals because they have the decency to hide it away.

Alexcabbie

imported post

There are antis and then there are antis. Some of them are just common LACs who fear firearms (along with garter snakes and Daddy longlegs and maybe even frogs) as a threat to them and their kids. Then there are those who have swallowed the Brady Bunch's line of BS and think that the 2A is "obsolete" and firearms "have no place in a law-abiding society". These are they who listen when Chicago Mayor Daley says "What? are we gonna go back to 'I got a gun and you got a gun, lets go out into the street and settle this?" when faced with the possibility of Chicago being forced to come into compliance with the 2A.

Next there are those who need to be seen as "special" or "worthy" and think that opposition to "those things that are designed to kill" makes them part of a morally superior elite. These folks are kin to those who pretend to be "allergic" to something someone else enjoys in order to be able to control someone else's behavior for a change instead of being controlled themselves.

Next up are people who have had a loved one killed or grievously wounded by a BG with a firearm or in some kind of range or hunting accident, or who have had a child or a neighbor or friend's or relative's child killed or injured in these circumstances; who cannot bring themselves to condemn the BG or to see that if the accident happened on a skateboard outing they would (usually) not be hollering for the outlawing of skateboards. Sarah Brady herself is one of these so decieved.

THEN we have the truly vile filth who seek to use the fears and insecurities of the above to advance a political agenda, gain noteriety and enrich themselves. And lots of these have concealed permits and carry themselves. The people who publish this "GUN GUYS" site are a fine example of these SOBs.

Funny how the "protect the precious children" movement got started right after all the Baby Boomers cut back drastically on child production in order to focus on their own pleasures. Back in my day there were so many dang kids thaat nobody who didn't know us or was not family really cared what happened to us. Come summer we left the house around nine AM and our moms were glad to be rid of us as they could then get the housework done and join the other housewives at the "gossip fence" (yes, we actually had a gossip fence at our house, although Mom would get really mad when we called it that) Chester Molesters were out there just like today, but there was safety in numbers, and everybody knew who the "creeps" were and stayed away. There were a few transgressions in this regard but mostly they were dealt with by dads and older brothers. The community looked out for itself back then.

Sears and Roebuck even had a firearms section in their catalog, featuring Ithaca rifles and Ivers-Johson revolvers and - the first pistol I ever fell in love with - the Beretta "Minx" ("Fires five shots as fast as you can pull the trigger!") (This was supplanted by the Walther P.38 when I saw a pic of my Dad holding one he had taken off a German in WWII. I have a P.38, and I would like to get a Minx). My best friend's dad owned about 150 acres of woods that was his private nature preserve, and we would take his dad's M1 carbine and/or maybe one of his .22 revolvers into the woods and shred beer cans. AAHHHH! Them was de days.

Today everybody has 1.5 kids and they are being raised to believe that they are made out of gold and cannot be touched. Back when I was a kid we were as common as gravel and were in a very large measure responsible for our own selves. Somewhere along the line my generation decided to make the Government into a full partner in parenting. Ultimately the anti-gun crowd works to increase the dependency of the citizenry on government for the basic needs of survival to include self-defense. And it ai'nt good. Sez me, it is downright EVIL.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gun Guys - funny, stupid, yet pathetic. Teaching them all to be good little victims.

They're full of noxious gas and it stinks to the heavens!

Yata hey

Alexcabbie

imported post

YO CHRIS if you wanna see that private nature preserve I am talking about, it is now the Brandt Pike Walmart Center, when my friend's parents passed he and his brothers sold the homestead, but there is a portion that is a wildlife reservation they donated, too. Hid dad also owned a couple fishin holes in back of the Baptist church up on Taylorsville where he taught me how to noodle for snapping turtles - which make darn tasty soup!!:D

Deanimator

imported post

suntzu wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
suntzu wrote:
I'll say it again--you can't fix stupid....
Actually you can. A guard at the Holocaust Museum did today.
on second thought--maybe you can fix stupid...but that was an abnormal level of stupidity...

I have an idea..why not take every anti-gunner in the country and draft them into the military--only the antigunners...and then put them on the front lines in North Korea and Iran--make them the pointy end of the spear...
We'd save a lot of money if we used them and the Nazis to clear minefields the way the Iranians did in the Iran-Iraq war.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I wish he had a feedback section. My reply would be simple - how would it feel to be sitting in Starbucks sipping your coffee or riding the bus with your family and know that there may be no less the 5 or 6 gang bangers or criminals hiding their guns and knowing that you can do absolutely nothing to defend yourself or your family.

They DO have a feedback section... you just gotta look for it. Click the box at the bottom of the page and THEN go to the "Contact Us" box. I DID. I just sent them a long e-mail they probably won't even read, much less respond to...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

c45man

imported post

Don't lose sleep over Gun Guys. It is a silly internet organization that has no political power because no one takes them seriously. Their claims cannot be quoted because they are without merit. If the so called gun guys are a front organization for another group, such group is wasting their resources.

jerg_064

imported post

suntzu wrote:
"After all, allowing a small group of armed gun owners -- versus trained law enforcement officers -- to make potentially life and death decisions about public safety in restaurants, churches, theaters and parks is a frightening prospect."

I'll take the armed citizens any day of the week over LEOs and twice on Sunday thank you...I feel safer amongst the public than I do law enforcement anyway...never trust your safety to anyone--ANYONE who does not have a direct stake in whether you go home tonight...

+1

I don't know where people get this idea that trained LEOs are so specially skilled. I've worked for state forest dept. wild land firefighting and I've been in the military for 3 years now. We all go through a TON of training, and I still don't trust half the people I work with to do anymore than a half-arsed job.

Some people just aren't good at some things no matter how hard they try or want to be, some ppl are just plain dumb either book wise, common sense wise, or in technical and mechaical areas. And then there are plenty that just don't care as long as they get their tax dollar provided paycheck, as they say "Good enough for government work"

Whearas armed citizens, pay for their firearms, ammunition, and training. Their gas to go to the range, all the off-duty/non-work hours dedicated to staying extremely familiar with arms and self-defense. Yea, I'll definitely pick armed LAC citizens over government employees anyday of the year.