• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry movement disturbs the anti-gun publication "The Gun Guys"

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not only do I question the relative levels of skill and training when comparing an armed officer with an armed citizen, I also question whose trigger finger is the itchy one.

All of HankT's goofs with guns will never amount to the level of danger that police present to harmless citizens.

jerg_064

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I also question whose trigger finger is the itchy one.

All of HankT's goofs with guns will never amount to the level of danger that police present to harmless citizens.

No kiddin man. There's something else with military weapons training that's always bothered me and I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume it's not much different with LE.

The military familiarizes service members with weapons and how to effectively use them to kill. But they don't really teach them how to efficiently kill, that is, only kill the enemy. In other words, they don't preach safety worth a darn. You geta short brief on safety and thenaton onweapon familiarization and shooting,It shoould be quite the opposite untilEVERYONE displays complete safety and competency.

Muzzleand trigger disapline isabsolutely HORRIBLE. IfI had a nickel for everytimeI had a barrelpointed at me either in training or during real worlddeployments.... I may not bea millionaire, but I'd sure have a enough to put a few more guns inmy collection.

riverrat10k

imported post

"After all, allowing a small group of armedcriminals -- versus trained law enforcement officers -- to make potentially life and death decisions about public safety in restaurants, churches, theaters and parks is a frightening prospect. "

Fixed it for them. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Obviously these idiots at gun-guys, have never had anyone attack them, or witnessed an armed robbery.
So what way do think they would go if they were involved as a bystander in an armed robbery or witnessed a murder attempt? And an armed citizen was able to stop the attack or protect these morons.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Y'know.....the gun wimps...er guys really are useful idiots. They do give out info about open carry legality a lot of people wouldn't bother to know.

The Brady Bunch...The Gun Guys.....Useful Idiots for sure.
Those Ninnyhammers are are giving me a bad name. I am the useful_idiot around here. :cool:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The histrionic silliness that literally screams out from this article is a form of verbal flop-sweat. They see that we have real traction, are overtaking them and will likely prevail. This scares the cr*p out of them. They can't believe it: They just elected the most anti-gun president in US history and now rabble like the NRA, VCDL, OCDO are making gains every day. People are buying guns and ammo in staggering amounts. CCW permits are up and up. Twenty three state attorneys General have upbraided (anti-gun) Attorney General Holder, and now PEOPLE ARE CARRYING OPENLY ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! My God, our world has been turned upside down! :what:

Good. Let them hyperventilate. Their screeds will only appeal to the rabidly anti-gun types anyway. The average Joes out there will see through their nonsense and be more inclined to side with us.

Thanks for all your help, Gun Guys. Why not ally yourselves with PeTA while you're at it and REALLY mainstream your group.:lol:

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Read their website... these guys are nothing more than a bunch of Fascists. They also make the case that guns should be as heavily regulated as cigarettes. These people do not care for Liberty or Freedom, they would rip to shreds the Constitution if they could get away with it... and their allies in the Democrat party are helping them.

With Fascists, one must always be vigilant. Stand up to them at every encounter. Argue down every ridiculous point they make and never let them have the last word.

Fascists will not rest until we are all completely under their control. Most of you probably didn't think that the regulations on cigarettes would bother you if you don't smoke... but to the Fascist, they can use these rulings on "dangerous products"as precedent and we have a"camel's nose under the tent situation" as Obama likes to say. Once they get a foot in the door of "removing liberty for our own good", and I mean any liberty... then all liberty is in jeopardy.

KansasMustang

imported post

possumboy wrote:
The real world implications of the open carry crusade is chilling. Consider:
  • Sipping hot chocolate with your toddler at Starbucks while a fellow patron openly displays a gun at the table next to you;
  • Attending a church service with your entire family knowing that the fellow parishioner sitting next to you has a handgun tucked in his belt; or
  • Boarding a crowded bus with your newborn child with upwards of 5 other passengers openly carrying weapons.
Done all three

I've sipped hot chocolate with my toddlers at Starbucks - wait, it was me openly displaying a gun at the table.

Attended "church" service with my entire family knowing that I could defend them if someone attacked - which has been shown to happen.

Boarded a crowded bus with my newborn while three (3) others were openly carrying weapons. Four (4) people where openly carrying in total.

If freedom is abnormal, I guess I qualify. Debt is normal, so I guess I'm abnormal there also.
I'll tell you what, I'd feel almost as safe in those situations as I did when I was in my PC in Desert Storm sorrounded by my Tank Troop of 14 M1A1 (Heavies). Good on ya Bro! Abnormal behavior? Isn't that kinda like the Gay Rights parades where they parade mostly, if not all naked and act all wierd??Oooops,,there I go being all politically incorrect again.
Keep your powder dry!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
The histrionic silliness that literally screams out from this article is a form of verbal flop-sweat.  They see that we have real traction, are overtaking them and will likely prevail.  This scares the cr*p out of them.  They can't believe it:  They just elected the most anti-gun president in US history and now rabble like the NRA, VCDL, OCDO are making gains every day.  People are buying guns and ammo in staggering amounts.  CCW permits are up and up.  Twenty three state attorneys General have upbraided  (anti-gun) Attorney General Holder, and now PEOPLE ARE CARRYING OPENLY ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!  My God, our world has been turned upside down! :what:
If Obama were "the most anti-gun president in history", the whole rest of your post would not be truthfully claimable. :p

Edit: Not intended to defend Obama, just trying to keep the focus on his present faults.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Au Contraire, Marsh. Obama is more opposedto theRTKBA than any other President in history. It is just that it has become very evident to him and his ilk that acting on these attitudes is the kiss of death for the careers of most politicians.

Huck

imported post

After all, allowing a small group of armed gun owners -- versus trained law enforcement officers -- to make potentially life and death decisions about public safety in restaurants, churches, theaters and parks is a frightening prospect
The sheeple dont need to worry about that in my case. I carry to protect myself, my family, and my friends. I certainly am not going to risk my life protecting anyone who dos'nt care enough about their family or themselves to carry the means to protect them. I may call 911 ifI see someone under attack but if I, or my family/friends ar'nt in danger I'm not going to do any more.

The only way sheeple will benefit from me carrying is if something happens in a public place and I, and/or family/friends, are amongthe potential victims.

My outlook on this may sound cold hearted but I solidly believe that the only person who's responsible for theprotection of your family and yourself is you!

DemiAsianMan

imported post

OMFG I was too lazy to register and make an account but after reading that article I just had to comment.

That was blatant out right fearmongering. That author made it sound as if the gun itself was the bad guy and that us carrying guns endangered their livelyhood. The sad thing is I feel most people feel along the lines of what this guy is preaching.

I ran across a coworker that I knew for years that detests guns. She thinks of them as evil objects and one time while we were talking she brought this up.

She stated that "Guns are evil. Noone has a need for them and anyone who has one or wants one is probably a criminal."

At this point I grinned a little inside and stated. "Do you think of me as a criminal?" Keep in mind she had known me for over five years and we have always enjoyed each others company. She replied "Of course not." I then let it slip and told her "I have more than a few guns and carry all the time. I do not mean anyone harm and guns are not evil." At that point the conversation ended and we moved onto a different topic. I hope I gave her something to think about, while at the same time not ruining our relationship.