• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wondering....

thx997303

imported post

Do any of you know of someone who gives Utah concealed carry classes in San Antonio?

I'm on active duty at Ft Sam Houston, and turn 21 next month, and would like to get a jump on the long wait time for a Utah permit.

thx997303

imported post

Guess not then eh?

Well in any case, can somebody give me the rundown on any laws that I may need to be aware of, such as transportatopn of firearms etc.

thx997303

imported post

That's what I had figured, I guess I should find out whether the Texas course satisfies the requirement for Utah or not, otherwise I may just need to get a CCP for Texas.

Thanks for the help.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

You're welcome...sorry I couldn't help more.

Yes, you'd need to check into that, especially since one stateI read about (forget which) reviewed their "CW permit reciprocity list" and decided to drop some other states that were previously granted reciprocity because those states did not have similar (strict?) enough requirements for CHL qualifying.

-- John D.

thx997303

imported post

Why don't I just ask you in the first place? Have I not learned my lesson?

Thank you much SGT Jensen.:)