Thread: Is it oKay?

Post imported post

I am new to the forums, so forgive me for my ignorance.

I was wondering if it is allowed to list something I have for sale on here. I know this is not a trading forum, I know this site is not intended for anything like that. But I have a few boxes of ammunition that are collecting dust and after being laid off, I could really, really use a few bucks. I feel someone else could put it to better use than I at the moment. I will not post anything further until this question is answered.

Just want to say I have enjoyed viewing this site and all the wonderful information and such it has to offer. I'm happy to have found it.

Post imported post

I'm not going to pretend to speak for the forum owners, but I will pass on what I have seen, and that is that For Sale posts are tolerated as long as you don't make a habit out of it. Want to give the forum members first chance at it? Go for it. But don't try to use the forums as a store.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Post imported post

Thanks for the reply. I do not intend for this to be a habit, and I know this site is not for selling. But I want to offer some stuff to some members because I really don't know where else to go.

I have
    50 rds. blue-box Black Hills .45acp 230gr. RNL
    100 rds. Rem. .32acp 70gr. plain jacketed ball.

I just really, really need a few bucks right now after being laid-off a few weeks ago. I feel someone else can use this better than I. I don't even have a gun that will shoot the .32s! PM me if interested...

Post imported post

If I wasn't in the same boat I'd take the .45acp. Unfortunately, my last FS post was to get rid of a M44. Ah well.

Post imported post

PM sent with some helpful info.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    I'm not going to pretend to speak for the forum owners, but I will pass on what I have seen, and that is that For Sale posts are tolerated as long as you don't make a habit out of it. Want to give the forum members first chance at it? Go for it. But don't try to use the forums as a store.
    That's a good rule of thumb FogRider!

And if you do want to advertise here commercially for your "store," just contact John Pierce so you can become one of our paid advertisers. We (mainly John) pay a lot of money our of our pockets to keep this web site going.

Post imported post

If you ever need to sell firearms or firearm related items, I would suggest Gunbroker.com

You will get a lot more viewers and you're more protected selling on that site than a forum.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    If you ever need to sell firearms or firearm related items, I would suggest Gunbroker.com

You will get a lot more viewers and you're more protected selling on that site than a forum.
    protected from what?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Kiddo wrote:
    50 rds. blue-box Black Hills .45acp 230gr. RNL
    did ya sell it? how much are you asking?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)