• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in Fremont and Milpitas

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

jeffw wrote:
A compliant will be filed. No doubt about that.

I'm waiting for him to return from his vacation (conveniently taken the day after he causes all this trouble) as I have some questions that only he can answer. In the meantime I've been speaking with some other people at the agency who are all shocked by what he did and said.

Sgt Tran has issues that would seem to stem from his job. Either he is taking his role as leader of the SWAT team so seriously that the it's-already-gone-wrong mentality has leaked over to his every day patrol duties, or he's lost all faith in people to obey the law. Regardless of which it is (or something completely different), I don't believe an open carry event in Milpitas would be in anyone's best interest right now. I do not believe any of us would want to expose ourselves to a department who's SWAT team is headed up by a man who believes anyone with a gun, even unloaded, is a threat to everyone around them because "one day something will happen and (they'll) snap, and shoot everyone around (them)."
I wouldn't waste any time talking to this clown. People like that aren't going to turn right around and apologize for being a jackass. Just go straight to filing an IA complaint.

As for a meetup... SWAT won't be responding - they simply wouldn't be called upon. That's a call that probably has to be made by someone ranking higher than Sgt, and we have no indication they're nut jobs like Tran.

And if things did go bad due to vigilanty LEOs, everybody there would be making a lot of money off the federal lawsuit that could be filed.

cato

imported post

If this SGT. Tran, SWAT LEADER extradinar wana be Gen. Patton,was that disturbed and irrational in his contact with you please do bring this to the attention of the dept. I don't think they want such a loose cannon in charge of SWAT with all theliabilities incumbant with split second decision making. True "operators" if he were one, have better control of themselves and their emotions.

If he called from a land line there is a good chance it was recorded (many depts record ALL land line calls). But do make a complaint. He was rude at the least and perhaps even threatening. Sounds like he was threatening a 5150 arrest based solely on the legal exercise of self defense firearm possession?

PerhapsTran should call the San Diego PD for a little training in understanding the California Penal Code, 4th Amendment, etc...;)

TatankaGap

imported post

jeffw wrote:
All those who said it was a bad idea to contact the local PDs, please form a line for your "I told you so".

A very non-professional Sgt. Tran (head of SWAT) called me today to ask a few more questions. These were mainly about why I was going to carry, and where I might frequent while carrying. While on the phone my girlfriend was with me and she was applying for a job. A natural part of this is giving your name... You guessed it, he overhead. He thanked me for my time and hung up.

I get to work and my girlfriend calls me saying there was a police officer at her house when she got there. He took down all of her information and her brother's. He asked loads of questions about my mental state. Then he suggested that one day I could snap and shoot everyone. Awesome.

I called Sgt. Tran back and tried to straighten things out. He said that if they get a report of a man with a gun, they'll have at least four on duty officers dispatched, and possibly SWAT. He says that while I might be sane today, I might snap tomorrow and go on a rampage. Even while answering his questions, he was constantly interrupting me. I ended the call after telling him that I did not appreciate being interrupted... multiple times. I told him to have a nice day and that I'd call back tomorrow. Apparently he won't be in tomorrow. I'm fine with that, I'll just speak with a lieutenant.

I don't believe it is in my best interest, or anyone else for that matter, to carry in Milpitas.
Outrageous - I'd be up for a UOC event in Milpitas anytime over the summer - mid-July is good for me - I'll wear my vest and bring my bar card ;):celebrate

Also, based on the recent report Overkill - the Rise of Paramilitary Raids in America - there are 40,000 paramilitary raids in the US per year - sounds like Sgt. Tran would like to have as many of those under his belt as possible and needs to be officially toned down.

TatankaGap

imported post

jeffw wrote:
I do not believe any of us would want to expose ourselves to a department who's SWAT team is headed up by a man who believes anyone with a gun, even unloaded, is a threat to everyone around them because "one day something will happen and (they'll) snap, and shoot everyone around (them)."
I say 'au contraire mon ami' - this is like a pimple that needs attention - those who are willing to expose themselves so to speak to a little heat should if they want - I am one who is interested - exposure to the light of day is no problem -

It's far more likely for a jacked-up SWAT guy to shoot an innocent than a UOC to shoot anyone - look at the logic - why would a BG UOC at all? Begging for a cop interaction even if they don't know about 'e' checks -

No, a BG stuffs his 9 into his belt and heads out - illegal from inside to out -

IMHO, about 10 written letters to the Police Chief and Town Council would be well placed -:dude:

swatpro911

imported post

hey guys i just got back from 5weeks of training in combat arms etc, man it was tough. I think I lost few pounds but muscle is still sore. Anyway, open carry i support and its nice to see you guys exercise the right. I find sometimes its hard to open carry, and always have to know what u might wear etc. Otherwise people give you stare and looks and try to cause problems. What u guys think?

stuckinchico

imported post

F**K it I would love to do an outing there. He is not above the law. HE reacts that way, its his career thats gone. We will no longer have to worry about him.. I will even jump on the Amtrack for this