• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Gun rights Judge on short List

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MADISON (AP) — La Crosse County Circuit Court Judge Ramona Gonzalez again has been chosen as a finalist for a federal judgeship in Madison.

Former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Louis Butler and Madison attorney William Conley also are among the six finalists to replace U.S. District Judge Barbara Crabb, who has decided to take senior status.
U.S. Sens. Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold recommended Butler and Conley last month to replace retiring U.S. District Judge John Shabaz. President Barack Obama has not yet filled that vacancy.

The names have been forwarded to Kohl and Feingold to make another recommendation to Obama.

The other finalists are law professor Anuj Desai and Madison lawyers David Jones and Stephen Meyer.

This is the SAME judge Gonzalez that said "The AG's opinion is but one lawyer's opinion."

This is the SAME judge Gonzalez that said "you don't need to carry a gun in Wal-Mart," and in the same breath this isn't the "wild west."

Time to contact Kohl and Feingold and let them know she is NOT our choice!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Here is the e-mail I just sent my State senator:

Dear Senator Feingold,

I am sending this e-mail to let you know that I would like you to vote AGAINST La Crosse County Circuit Court Judge Ramona Gonzalez as a replacement for U.S. District Judge Barbara Crabb. Gonzalez's Anti 2nd Amendment comments are clear that she is extremely bias and would not give fair hearing for 2nd Amendment Rights. Any State Representative or Senator Voting for Gonzalez can be assured they will not receive my support at election time.

Thank you for your state service.

Sincerely,

James A. Gleason