• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, crap. I found all the damn ammo we can't seem to find.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

It's in NEW YORK.

Now, how am I going to go about buying a big stash of 9mm as a PA resident here... They still require a NY permit with your pistol listed, don't they?

I doubt they'd like me walking in with my Hi-Point Carbine in 9mm and telling them I needed to feed it. (Though it WAS in the car when I went shopping earlier...)

squisher

imported post

Telling them you're buying 9mm for your carbine isn't lying...you will shoot at least some of it through the Hi-Point, right? (that's how a <21 y.o. can buy 9mm in Indiana anyway, age restrictions on ammo == pointless)

Seems reasonable to me anyway, and since I don't know the laws about the idea of a "straw purchase" for ammo, I would go the carbine route and completely avoid the straw headache.

Don't know why that's a big deal, unless NY is REALLY dumb about stuff like that (and I just don't know).

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

I'm 95% sure you can only buy pistol caliber ammo for pistols listed on your license here in NY.

And I don't even know a gun owner around here, let alone a pistol owner (I'm visiting family, haven't been here in ages..)

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Hence me not being 100% sure, having not looked myself, only being told by an "expert" :p

Not like I have the money right now anyway... Sigh.

Though my grandma just gave me $60 in $2 bills... maybe I'll buy a box or two with some of it just to screw with them. :D

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Hence me not being 100% sure, having not looked myself, only being told by an "expert" :p

Not like I have the money right now anyway... Sigh.

Though my grandma just gave me $60 in $2 bills... maybe I'll buy a box or two with some of it just to screw with them. :D
Where in NY, exactly? I have money and a desire to flip ammo at the expense of people dumb enough to pay insane prices.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

All the way in Western New York, near Buffalo.

And she gave me $60, so I could have gotten three 100-rd boxes of WWB if I had paid the tax out of my own money.

Bought groceries instead :p

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
All the way in Western New York, near Buffalo.

And she gave me $60, so I could have gotten three 100-rd boxes of WWB if I had paid the tax out of my own money.

Bought groceries instead :p

Food over ammo? What a waste. Don't come crying to me when Obama ignities the revolution (pending any day now, I'm sure). I'll be shooting and eating my 500,000 rounds of ammo, all you'll have is food.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Where in NY, exactly? I have money and a desire to flip ammo at the expense of people dumb enough to pay insane prices.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. :X

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

dac844 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote: I have money and a desire to flip ammo at the expense of people dumb enough to pay insane prices.

the reason that i only have 250 rounds of .40 cal...

i refuse to pay more that 15-20 dollars a box.
Hey, I have just enough for two magazine loads of .40, you've got a surplus if you ask me :p

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
dac844 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote: I have money and a desire to flip ammo at the expense of people dumb enough to pay insane prices.

the reason that i only have 250 rounds of .40 cal...

i refuse to pay more that 15-20 dollars a box.
Hey, I have just enough for two magazine loads of .40, you've got a surplus if you ask me :p
Thank goodness I've found 50 round boxes of .45 auto FMJ 185 grain for 16.99... they've told me the shortage is pretty much over... 'cept for .380 ammo.