• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willow Lake Apts 2

DEROS72

imported post

I was approached by several residents yesterday at the Starbucks while have my coffee and reading the liberal rag known as the times.They asked me if I could organize another meet here again.They advised me there have bee some heavy duty crack dealing going on and some gangs are starting to drift back in.I have as we did in march the full support of the Safeway and all the other local business we had last time.

I will make sure we have some speakers etc.Dave Workman if your up for it maybe you would consider a talk at this meet and I will do another press release.As most of you know we had KING5 and KIRO cover the last one as well as Dave with a super write up in his column.

What do you all think???? Here is the KING 5 story and vid for those who haven't seen it.

[url]http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=346642[/url] Video
SeaTac apartment residents meet to discuss gun laws

04:51 PM PDT on Saturday, March 28, 2009

By CHRIS DANIELS KING 5 News

SEATAC, Wash. - Some SeaTac apartment residents have a hard time forgetting the shooting which injured two people last month.

"It was a little unnerving," says James Beal, "I heard six shots."

Beal was home when a 17-year-old opened fire on a group of people. He's now trying to rally his neighbors together, while making a pitch about how he protects himself.

"I carry a weapon for personal protection as most people here do, and we feel it our option under the Second Amendment,” he said.

Beal helped sponsor a gathering Saturday at the Willow Lake Apartments, which he says was designed as a way to bring people together, to organize neighborhood "block watches” and talk about gun laws.

"I'm not advising it,” Beal said. “I'm just making sure people are aware they have the option.”

Roughly 40 people were there about mid-day, and a vast majority of them were carrying weapons.

Kristen Comer, of Operation Ceasefire, approves of Beal's effort to bring together the community to discuss the issues. But she says neighbors should ask themselves how comfortable they'd be with several apartment dwellers carrying guns.

"For the vast majority of residents in this area, is that what they want?” she said. “Do they want their neighbors walking around with the sidearms on their persons at all times?"

She believes organizers should be more focused on curbing access to guns on the secondary market.

King County Sheriff's Department Sergeant John Urquhart says anyone buying a gun should think long and hard about it.

"It's legal under state and federal law," Urquhart said. "But if you use your gun to scare or intimidate, that's violating another law, so be very careful."

Here is Video Link

[url]http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=346642[/url]

j2l3

imported post

I'm in...

To make a real impact on the apartment complex, we will need to find a way to get more residents involved this time. If there are only a few, it will send the wrong message.

Decoligny

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
04:51 PM PDT on Saturday, March 28, 2009

By CHRIS DANIELS KING 5 News

SEATAC, Wash. - Some SeaTac apartment residents have a hard time forgetting the shooting which injured two people last month.

"It was a little unnerving," says James Beal, "I heard six shots."

Beal was home when a 17-year-old opened fire on a group of people. He's now trying to rally his neighbors together, while making a pitch about how he protects himself.

"I carry a weapon for personal protection as most people here do, and we feel it our option under the Second Amendment,” he said.

Beal helped sponsor a gathering Saturday at the Willow Lake Apartments, which he says was designed as a way to bring people together, to organize neighborhood "block watches” and talk about gun laws.

"I'm not advising it,” Beal said. “I'm just making sure people are aware they have the option.”

Roughly 40 people were there about mid-day, and a vast majority of them were carrying weapons.

Kristen Comer, of Operation Ceasefire, approves of Beal's effort to bring together the community to discuss the issues. But she says neighbors should ask themselves how comfortable they'd be with several apartment dwellers carrying guns.

"For the vast majority of residents in this area, is that what they want?” she said. “Do they want their neighbors walking around with the sidearms on their persons at all times?"

She believes organizers should be more focused on curbing access to guns on the secondary market.

King County Sheriff's Department Sergeant John Urquhart says anyone buying a gun should think long and hard about it.

"It's legal under state and federal law," Urquhart said. "But if you use your gun to scare or intimidate, that's violating another law, so be very careful."
What he does't say is "If the very presence of your gun on your hip for the world to see, scares and intimidates the crack dealers so much that they move their business out of the neighborhood, you haven't broken any laws whatsoever."

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

What do you all think???? Here is the KING 5 story and vid for those who haven't seen it.

Excellent effort. Excellent presentation of information by all concerned.

41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

Even the TV reporting was pretty darn good.

DEROS72

imported post

Lets get some Idea on dates.What works for everyone.I'm thing mid july early August.

Manu

imported post

As we talked this morning Jim, I am open pretty much everyweeknd during day time. I would say we should emphasise on getting more of the residents if you want to make this more successfull.

DEROS72

imported post

I think being summer and a nice day will help.Also putting up flyers on every door.Also I have a few allies now amoungst the residents so I believe we will get a better turnout.Nevertheless we need to be seen as more than just a flash in the pan if we are going to impact these communities in a positive way.Folks around here see me everyday and I still get a well done from time to time on our last meet.I get asked on occasion if we are going to do it again.I believe we can have a diffinitive impact on crime in these communities if we just keep showing up.

okkid

imported post

Sometimes I wish I did not live so far away as your doing a great job. Keep safe!

okkid........

FMCDH

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Lets get some Idea on dates.What works for everyone.I'm thing mid july early August.
That time frame works for me. I will be there if I'm not pulled away at the last second by work again.

DEROS72

imported post

Yes but not at angle lake something even bigger for labor day weekend if we can.Right in Nickles back yard and we want to make it a state wide event.Still in prilems.

PolskiG

imported post

count me in. It would be nice to meet some of you and also so you can see that I'm not some crazy guy who spends his time fearing a zombie attack and swimming with his guns =)

Manu

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
count me in. It would be nice to meet some of you and also so you can see that I'm not some crazy guy who spends his time fearing a zombie attack and swimming with his guns =)
PolskiG there is Angle Lake close by Willows Apt. incase you want to practise your swimming with your guns etc ;)

PolskiG

imported post

Manu wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
PolskiG there is Angle Lake close by Willows Apt. incase you want to practise your swimming with your guns etc ;)

I'd do it, but drying cleaning and relubing my m4 afterwards was a pain in the arse