• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willow Lake Apts 2

PolskiG

imported post

kparker wrote:
PolskiG,

I'd do it, but drying cleaning and relubing my m4 afterwards was a pain in the arse

Hmmm, maybe some retraining on maintanence of your m4 is in order...

Oh, don't get me wrong I clean it after every normalouting but wiping water, blow drying every part including the innergas tube,degreasing, compressed airingand re-greasing every part including the inner heat shield and under the carry handleis mucho annoying, thats why I like AKs, some spit, WD40...all done!!

kparker

imported post

No, no, I just meant that, whereas I have a large variety of different types of firearms, and sometimes let the task pile up until there's several to do at once, my arse is never sore after cleaning them. You must be doing something wrong... ;)

FMCDH

imported post

kparker wrote:
No, no, I just meant that, whereas I have a large variety of different types of firearms, and sometimes let the task pile up until there's several to do at once, my arse is never sore after cleaning them. You must be doing something wrong... ;)
Something in the "technique" perhaps? :?

ARGH! Get the vision out of my head! :banghead:

TechnoWeenie

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
kparker wrote:
PolskiG,

I'd do it, but drying cleaning and relubing my m4 afterwards was a pain in the arse

Hmmm, maybe some retraining on maintanence of your m4 is in order...

Oh, don't get me wrong I clean it after every normal outing but wiping water, blow drying every part including the inner gas tube, degreasing, compressed airing and re-greasing every part including the inner heat shield and under the carry handle is mucho annoying, thats why I like AKs, some spit, WD40...all done!!

I stripped the furniture off my AK, sent it through the dishwasher, dried it off then sprayed it with gun oil...

Works like a champ...

DEROS72

imported post

I usually clean mine with comet and hot water....Anyway got a nvery cool speaker lined up for the Willow lake meet.

Trigger Dr

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I usually clean mine with comet and hot water....Anyway got a nvery cool speaker lined up for the Willow lake meet.
BUT WAIT..there's more...Tell us more Jim

Manu

imported post

kparker wrote:
I am wondering what his arse has to do with cleaning his gun? :Das Kparker is saying must be something missing here....

Manu

imported post

As me and Deros are already working at different fronts to make this event even better than last time, Any suggestions are welcome... This is an event for our common cause so please be part of it.

knight_308

imported post

If you want speakers, I'm willing to bet Steve Beren would come. He had a good speech at the last tea party.

DEROS72

imported post

Would you ask.......? I have another greta guy lined up that we all know and love.I think 2 would be perfect.

5jeffro7

imported post

just thinkin'.....

this is wanted to be a "community" event insofar as education & people getting to know one another...why not have some kind of "community potluck" where those that tare interested could get together & learn, discuss & eat...

those that don't show will/can definately hear from those that do & work of mouth can be a viable method of advertising

Jeff

DEROS72

imported post

We did this in March with pretty good success.The Idea is for us to be seen as doing something for the community.I need to confirm one more thing and then will be putting out all the info and flyers as last time.Thanks everyone for the support it means alot.

44Brent

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Kristen Comer, of Operation Ceasefire, approves of Beal's effort to bring together the community to discuss the issues. But she says neighbors should ask themselves how comfortable they'd be with several apartment dwellers carrying guns.

"For the vast majority of residents in this area, is that what they want?” she said. “Do they want their neighbors walking around with the sidearms on their persons at all times?"
Yes, now get back under your bridge, Kristen.

DEROS72

imported post

I will put up the info and the flyers for this meet by the end of the week.Lets make this and the Bellvue picnic rock their little anti gun euphoria..