Thread: "Don't mess with females"

Post imported post

The bad news is that these ladies are in an area hit hard with crime. The good news is that they are much more ready to

Handgun ownership and carry by womenis diffusing at an increasing rate, I suspect. That's important.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 by NBC2 News

Girls with guns protecting the workplace

Some business women who work in a Florida area hit hard with crime are arming themselves and taking matters into their own hands.

Lake Worth business owner Mayra Ramirez has been practicing at the Palm Beach Shooting Range in Lake Worth for months.

"I was always against guns but from watching the news and seeing so many things happen, I figured it was time to get one," Ramirez said.

Ramirez is arming herself because she's fed up with the crime around her business.

A week ago a man was shot just steps away from her storefront.

"At the beginning, firing a gun was terrifying," she said. "When I first started I couldn't stop shaking. "But after your first few times, you look forward to coming in."

A few doors down from Ramirez's store, coffee house owner Marilin Garcia is also arming herself for the first time.

"You can protect yourself just being alert and in case you see danger, it's there for you to use," Garcia said.

Gun shop sales show tens of thousands of Florida women are now carrying a pistol.

"They are looking to protect themselves and keep the criminal at bay," said Jerry McClellan, an employee of the Pam Beach Shooting Range. "They come in here, take a lesson and we start them out with something fun. Then we move them up to something they will carry for self defense."

Ramirez's gun of choice is a 38 special.

It's called the Pink Lady, and by the looks of the bullet hole in the target, you can see she's on the mark.

"Don't mess with females," she said.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readar...=30628&z=3

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    ....It's called the Pink Lady, and by the looks of the bullet hole in the target, you can see she's on the mark.

"Don't mess with females," she said.
    Amen!

Good for these woman for taking their safty into their own hands, and especially for taking it seriously by taking the time fortraining at the range.

"As you train, so shall you fight!"

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    At the beginning, firing a gun was terrifying," she said. "When I first started I couldn't stop shaking. "But after your first few times, you look forward to coming in.
    This is the part that bothers me the most. Propaganda effecting someone's mind to such an extreme that they are trembling just touching the thing. It's a testament to how powerful the lie of gun-control can be. And they know it.

The good part is, putting it in your hand and finding out for yourself that it IS a lie. All the efforts of gun-control can be flushed right down the toilet that fast. There is nothing more irrefutable than finding out for yourself.

Like these women have done.

Sweet.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    At the beginning, firing a gun was terrifying," she said. "When I first started I couldn't stop shaking. "But after your first few times, you look forward to coming in.
    This is the part that bothers me the most. Propaganda effecting someone's mind to such an extreme that they are trembling just touching the thing. It's a testament to how powerful the lie of gun-control can be. And they know it.

The good part is, putting it in your hand and finding out for yourself that it IS a lie. All the efforts of gun-control can be flushed right down the toilet that fast. There is nothing more irrefutable than finding out for yourself.

Like these women have done.

Sweet.
    I think that once anyone, that may have had false preconceived notions about firearms, has learned to safely handle a handgun and becomes proficient with it, they also realize that they have to power to alter the outcome of an engagement with a criminal.

The more LAC's that can be empowered in this way. the more it deminishes the power and enfluence of anti-gun groups like the Brady Bunch.

Post imported post

WE NEED MORE WOMEN CARRYING!!! GOOD JOB, LADIES.
    "DON'T MESS WITH FEMALE". I LOVE IT.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
    WE NEED MORE WOMEN CARRYING!!! GOOD JOB, LADIES.
    "DON'T MESS WITH FEMALE". I LOVE IT.
    Women carrying, especially OCing, is golden - fantastic, positive image.

A woman w/children OCing - PRICELESS. You cannot buy better advertising IMHO.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Ha ha I OC'd today, not sure anyone noticed though, even though I was with another OCer and we were walking along a rail trail ( county park) with walkers and bikers scattered well along it ( it was real nice today so alot of people were out and about), then we even walked by the local police station- twice! We were in town for a couple of hours total OC, and I never saw 1 cop ( the police station was like a tomb). I usually see at least 1 cop car cruising around the towns whenever I go over into PA.

Post imported post

Glad to see we got another person who believes in the power of the .38 special. Its been doing bg's in for along time.And another great story about an anti becoming a true believer in self-defense.

scubabeme

Post imported post

Following the string of sentiments here, I think you'd all like to know that my wife was also terrified the first time I got her out to shoot. I started her with a .22 Buckmark in an NRA sanctioned pistol league. She, too, quickly got over her fear of the weapon, and had fun in the league. Just recently she had a birthday. Know what she wanted? A Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm!! You better believe I was PLEASED to give her one. She has also applied, though still waiting, for her CCW.

Post imported post

scubabeme wrote:
    Following the string of sentiments here, I think you'd all like to know that my wife was also terrified the first time I got her out to shoot. I started her with a .22 Buckmark in an NRA sanctioned pistol league. She, too, quickly got over her fear of the weapon, and had fun in the league. Just recently she had a birthday. Know what she wanted? A Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm!! You better believe I was PLEASED to give her one. She has also applied, though still waiting, for her CCW.
    What model did you get her? I ask because the M&P 9L is my standard carry piece. I also love the 9c and carry it from time to time when a full sized is just too big.

The 9c is an amazingly accurate little gun, and if you put a CTC on it, even better!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The other night I had the radio on listening to classic rock hits. They played Bob Seger's "Love to Watch Her Strut" and I started getting these images of women walking down the street and through stores OC side arms. (we need a panting icon).

Then I thought, what a great video that would make . Think about it. Clips of the ladies struting down mainstreet OC packing (with just a bit of swagger in the hips), strolling through busy stores, walking dogs (and kiddies), and clearing paths through nefarious looking charactors. Scenes of them at the range, participating in competitive tactical shooting matches. All of these clips carefully edited together to run as "Love to Watch Her Strut" plays in the backgound.

Hey Lorie! You reading this?

scubabeme

Post imported post

It's the 9C--fits her hand very well.