• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heading to West Hollywood

demnogis

imported post

So a friend is having a birthday party in West Hollywood this evening.

I have a very strong feeling that carrying to this event is not in the best interest of my friendship.

I will, however, be carrying on the way there.

My question is... If I ask the manager of the business to store my firearm, do you think they will? Discuss.

1-2-3-go...

afroglick

imported post

I wouldnt let anyone else handle/keep my piece, unless of course its an officer checking to see if its loaded during open carry or whatnot. But letting some random guy hold on to it? Never.

demnogis

imported post

The main issue is I DO NOT want to leave it in my motorcycle, in West Hollywood.

If some ill-intent people witnessed me storing it into my bike, well, they'd get both.

It's not hard to steal a motorcycle.

nukechaser

imported post

Do you have a case to lock it in that doesn't look like a gun case? If so, ask the manager to lock it up without revealing the contents, or call ahead and ask management about storing your sidearm in their safe.

Or really go for the gusto and explain to them about UOC and ask if you may on their property...

Or, dare I say it, ask if you can carry concealed on their private property? I guess if you have it in writing your problem is solved...

Or call your friend and tell 'em that you'll have to send your regrets because you do not have the means to protect yourself while in West Hollywood...

Rock--> you <--- hard place....

Bummer...

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Just throw it in a backpack and slap a lock on it and don't mention it to anybody.

demnogis

imported post

I trust my friend, indeed.

It was all of her friends at the b-day party that might have an issue with it.

I pulled up to the valet, asked to put my bike in their locked lot. It only had 1 entrance so I used the locking case in my bike and stored it. I didn't even talk to the manager, and I gave the valet a few bucks.

Problem... nullified?

eraseallhope

imported post

take this how you will im not advising anything unlawful

but i was once told,

Its better to have it and not need it

than to need it and not have it.