• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another shooting?

Sajuuk

imported post

Another shooting in my neighborhood...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/47433677.html

In a school zone, even. Gosh, I thought it was against the law to carry a gun in a school zone!

Anyway, I hope this fuels the need to allow good people to carry weapons for defense of their families. Unfortunately, it will likely make people want to write more ineffective laws that make no difference to the people who commit these crimes.

-Ben

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sajuuk wrote:

In a school zone, even. Gosh, I thought it was against the law to carry a gun in a school zone!

Anyway, I hope this fuels the need to allow good people to carry weapons for defense of their families. Unfortunately, it will likely make people want to write more ineffective laws that make no difference to the people who commit these crimes.

-Ben
A nice hobby for someone would be to identify, using the Milwaukee Journal homicide data base, how manyshooting homicides so far this year taken placein school zones.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Sajuuk wrote:

-Ben
A nice hobby for someone would be to identify, using the Milwaukee Journal homicide data base, how manyshooting homicides so far this year taken placein school zones.
That would be agreat idea! I was thinking about just that when the Milwaukee school zone map was made availlable. Couldn't one interpose the two? It would be a great project and give serious ammo to our side of the debate.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm just glad we have criminals who at least obey the no firearms in school zone law. I mean, what would happen if they [gulp] broke the law....

I do hope the officers will be ok.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Or better yet how many people were have been charged with school zone violation?

I was reading in the journal sentinel a week or two ago about Michael Lock, a big time drug dealer they caught with a loaded glock under his seat. Knowing the area he frequents, the odds that he was in a school zone are EXCEPTIONALLY high.

The DA chose not to prosecute him for CCW or anything else.

Isn't is nice how police are going OUT OF THEIR WAY to try to catch law-abiding citizens who are trying to meander through the rediculous gun restrictions while criminals are getting cut miles of slack for outright blatant intentional violations?

I'll find some quotes about that Michael Locke story. Its enough to make you puke.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I am very familiar with the Mike Lock / the preachers mob/ the body snatchers story. One of his accomplices, his uncle was on my unit. I recently had to have him placed on PC because there are family members of the victims in the institution.
Imagine that huh, having to put one of those guys on PC.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Even better, identify how many citations have been issued for CCW in Milwaukee. And then see how many of those people were charged with the Class 1 felony of carry within a school zone.