• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Milwaukee cops shot.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

iceman71 wrote:
Lets hope Flynn does not use this as a ploy to destroy open carry. Pray for our officers

I don't see how. But he probably will try.

UPDATE: Two Milwaukee Officers Shot
UPDATED Tuesday, June 9, 2009 --- 5:30 p.m.

From NBC15's News Partner, WITI-TV in Milwaukee:

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE - Two Milwaukee police officers have been shot on S. 2nd St. between National Ave. and Walker St. on the city's south side. The shooting took place around 3:30 p.m. as officers pulled over a car under suspicion. Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn says the suspect inside drew fire on the officers and struck them several times. Neither officer had his weapon drawn when the shots were fired.

The two officers were transported to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa. Both officers suffered multiple gun shot wounds. One of them is list in critical condition; the other in satisfactory condition.

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the shooting of the officers. Investigators also recovered a weapon.

A witness that talked with FOX6 News mentioned he was on the scene shortly after the gun shots were fired. He assisted in controlling the bleeding the officers were experiencing. He tells FOX6, the officers were alert and breathing.

Chief Flynn thanked the Milwaukee Fire Department for responding to the scene of the shooting so quickly and stabilizing the wounded officers.
http://www.nbc15.com/news/headlines/47427767.html

2 Milwaukee officers shot, 1 in critical condition
1 hour ago

MILWAUKEE (AP) — A bicyclist who was stopped by two police officers Tuesday shot each of them multiple times, leaving one in critical condition, police said.

The suspect was arrested within an hour and the weapon was recovered, said Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn. "We believe we have the right man," he said at a news conference.

The uniformed officers "stopped a suspicious individual for questioning" about 3:10 p.m. Flynn said.

"Without provocation he drew a weapon and shot both officers before they had an opportunity to draw their weapons," he said.

One officer was in critical condition and the other was in satisfactory condition at a hospital, Flynn said. He did not release the officers' names or details of their injuries.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hMFeLR9uy3sWh04v5_jrLFfD2UiwD98NFPI00

Mr.arker

imported post

Just as I thought, when everyone should be pulling together and praying and hoping for the recovery of the 2 officers, Barrett has to end his news conference blaming guns for the violence instead of the puke felon who pulled the trigger.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mr.Parker wrote:
SNIP...Barrett has to end his news conference blaming guns for the violence...
Wrong target.

Ban bicycles!! Cut off the right leg of all males to prevent pedaling!!

Glockface

imported post

Best wishes for the officers.Our milwaukee mayor said it was all these crazy guns on the streets.How does an object become crazy?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

The suspect was not open carrying.
The suspect was also already convicted of crimes.

Why isn't this a lesson for the fear-mongers?

Here we have a criminal, the kind of person we don't want to have a gun, the kind of person prohibited from having a gun, and they had a gun anyway. The laws didn't work.

This person was breaking the law conceal carrying, this person was breaking the law being in possession of a gun at all.

The most obvious and ignored fact escapes these political demagogues. CRIMINALS WILL JUST BREAK YOUR LAWS. Leaving law-abiding citizens who would never misuse their right to defend themselves infringed upon.

patriotguy

imported post

As a former LEO, I had trained in the police academy and in subsequent training to be prepared for dangerous situations during traffic stops, felony stops, protests, etc. You can never be prepared for every situation you encounter. These two officers are have less than two years experience between them. They were shot by an illegally armed criminal without provocation.

Again, the knee-jerk liberal response is not to blame the criminal. It is not to blame the criminal justice system for letting this criminal back on the street after being convicted, per Flynn's report, for burglary, and being in possession of a "fake pistol". It is, of course, to blame the "crazy gun" for this crime. Not only did the criminal have a crazy gun, but he had a crazy gun in a school zone. I know it is hard to believe that an armed criminal would violate such a law. I am sure that if there was just proper signage, or he was threatened with a new ordinance with a $10,000 fine, this never would have happened.

I digress. Our thoughts and prayers are with the officers and their families.

Carmmond

imported post

Well he just did it:X

Just now on 620am he said Milwaukee don't need any guns on the street I don't care what any special interest group says.

Gosh I hate him!

gbu28

imported post

Seems to me this incident is going to be the impetus for a new set of laws:

http://www.wisn.com/video/19715206/index.html

Neither Barrett nor Flynn specifically mention open carry but they clearly allude to it, despite the fact it has nothing to do with this unfortunate crime.

As an aside, why does Barrett keep saying we're all okay with "teens" running around with guns? I don't know of one person who is okay with that activity.

My 2 pesos.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Seems to me this incident is going to be the impetus for a new set of laws:

http://www.wisn.com/video/19715206/index.html

Neither Barrett nor Flynn specifically mention open carry but they clearly allude to it, despite the fact it has nothing to do with this unfortunate crime.
Shameless. For Ed Flynn to lump law-abiding gun owners in with a criminal who was already breaking the law carrying a concealled weapon. Shameless.

Mayor Barrett, No ammount of podium pounding is gonna change the fact that criminals are already prohibited from having guns, and to try to lump law-abiding open carriers in with these criminals is shameful.

Carmmond

imported post

Yep but THEY will USE the two officers for their agenda...... sick, how can the sleep at night?

First thing out of my mouth last night when I heard about this event was "God take care of them boys".

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Yeah, i'd really like to embrace the job that police do and embrace the role they are suppose to provide, but that needs to be reciprocal. When they don't embrace our freedom and leverage crimes like this to push for restrictions against law abiding citizens, its hard to cheerlead for them.

I hope the officers heal fast, but do they hope for our rights? I don't think so.

That is whats wrong with this situation.

Until the police stop treating and viewing everyone as a "potential criminal" our rights will continue to be eroded.

And I DO think thats how police view the public. You are either a cop of a "potential criminal". They don't see you or I and think "there's a law abiding citizen" they think "there's a potential criminal"

Carmmond

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Gun grabbers again dancing in the blood of innocents, a macabre anile bacchanalia.

Some..... sure but not all.

I have some friends on the force in Waukesha and they are not like that. No matter what though when something like this happens they will always get a prayer from me..... If they disagree with my rights I'll talk to them about it when the heal up.

Edit: sorry Doug I ment to quote hugh.