Thread: 80 year old man unsuccessfully defends himself from dozens of Tyrants

Post imported post

1775:

Samuel Whittemore, age eighty years, upon seeing British soldiers marching toward Concord [Mass.] prepared by oiling his musket and pistols and sharpening his sword. Whittemore had posted himself behind a stone wall, down Mystic Street about four hundred and fifty feet….The distance seemed an easy range for him, and he opened fire, killing the soldier he aimed at. They must have discovered his hiding place from the smoke-puff, and hastened to close in on him. With one pistol he killed the second Briton, and with his other fatally wounded a third one. In the meantime, the ever vigilant flank guard was attracted to the contest, and a ball from one of their muskets struck him in the head and rendered him unconscious. They rushed to the spot, and clubbed him with their muskets and pierced him with their bayonets until they felt sure he was dead…..Whittemore lived eighteen more years, dying in 1793 at the age of ninety-eight.

From "Armed America, The story of how guns became as American as Apple Pie"

I'd like to see all you cocky armchair quarterbacks tackle this one!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

So, shooting tyrants and gun-grabbers is linked to increased life expectancy.

Cool.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

That's a badass old man. Imagine what he could have done with semi-auto weapons.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    That's a badass old man. Imagine what he could have done with semi-auto weapons.
    Compared to people of modern society, everyone was a bass ass in those days.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    +1

Post imported post

That's an awesome story, I'll have to get that book.

Post imported post

Goof with a gun ...

Sorry, wrong thread ... :shock:

:P

Seriously though, that is one impressive, tough old man. Amazing tenacity and longevity by the standards of any era of man.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Goof with a gun ...

Sorry, wrong thread ... :shock:

:P

Seriously though, that is one impressive, tough old man. Amazing tenacity and longevity by the standards of any era of man.
    What are you HankT?!!

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Goof with a gun ...
    Bwahahaha... omg... lol....

Exactly what I was thinking.

Banned

Post imported post

Yes, notice the absence of our gun-control claque, HankT and LEO 229. I imagine they'll be along soon enough to give their opinion.

Post imported post

Unreconstructed Confederate Polymath wrote:
    ...our gun-control claque, HankT...
    This being most pertinent and sustainable statement of fact regarding this individual I have yet to read...

"Troll" quite misses the point of it all.

Post imported post

I'm interested in seeing what they have to say though, seriously.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Hands-down, I will second that. In addition, to Mr. Whittemore being a Bad-Ass, back in his day, that is purely Hard-Core surviving and living through such an ordeal. Wow! what a story.

Post imported post

Pray that we ALL have that courage and tenacity, if and when the time comes!
    Keep your powder dry!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson