• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, new to the forum

Stophel

imported post

Hello, all, new to the forum here. I am a big proponent of open carry, though I have to say, it is VERY rare that I actually do (I suppose mostly it's because I don't ever go anywhere...:quirky). Workin' on building up the gumption for doing it more. I've even been seen by local law enforcement and a state trooper with no fuss, no muss, though I was in situations where being armed was an especially prudent idea. I do keep my pistol open in my vehicle always.

I'm very glad to live in a state that does recognize the right of the individual to openly carry arms. It's pretty ridiculous for a state to say "well, yeah, you have the right to bear arms, but we don't want you actually bearing arms".