• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-shirt: Funny or not?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
I'm looking for opinions.
Would this shirt be funny to wear while carrying or a bad idea?
Discuss.

Although the bubbas would probably like it a lot, I would say, mostly, almost entirely it is a bad idea. It would generally be uncivil, especially if one is carrying a gun.

The joke would be most funny in a situation where there is no possibility of a gun being present (which ain't too many places, nowadays) or with someone whoseems incapable of actually having a gun (like a 98 year old grandmother or a 1 year old toddler).

Free country, though. 1A and all that...I would defend to the death one's right to wear it.

39446088v9_350x350_front_color-black.jpg

Carnivore

imported post

Kinda tasteless, and definitely not while carrying, wouldn't look good in a crowd of fear mongers, or a traffic stop of any substance concerning the suspicion of a recently committed crime in a specific locale..

Michigander

imported post

I might wear a shirt like that to an informal shooting range setting, or maybe I'd wear it in a CC only state where I had a point to make. Other than that, I don't think I could personally see a reason to wear that shirt.

gbentzen8

imported post

Reminds me ofthe old bumper sticker "So Many Pedestrians, So Little Time". Not smart to have on your car as it was anti social and tasteless. Further, if one ever hit a pedestrian it would not look too good in court. Even if one wasn't charged for a traffic event, the victim could sue in civil court and a jury would not view that sort of thing favorably.

I would never wear that shirt.

Legba

imported post

I generally like tasteless t-shirts, but that one just isn't terribly funny. Legba gives it a thumbs down.

-ljp

PT111

imported post

Thumbs down for several reasons:

Black T-Shirts are for thugs

Picture of Glock on it instead of a real gun

Bad Font on the writing makesw it hard to read

T-Shirts make my belly stick out even more

Someone will probably take is seriously

If a LEO stops you for any reason he may not have a sense of humor

Oveall BAD taste :what:

Jizzzle

imported post

i think that the whole point of conceal carry is to conceal right? or did i miss a memo?

people will try to sell anything.

and no, i wouldn't wear it myself. i OC which says enough without advertising it on a shirt.

Jizzzle

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Thumbs down for several reasons:

Black T-Shirts are for thugs

Picture of Glock on it instead of a real gun

Bad Font on the writing makesw it hard to read

T-Shirts make my belly stick out even more

Someone will probably take is seriously

If a LEO stops you for any reason he may not have a sense of humor

Oveall BAD taste :what:

glocks aren't guns, everyone who wears a black t shirt is a thug. lol. flawless logic.

grumpycoconut

imported post

Only way to make that one work is if you are wearing a Zap Brannigan length kilt with the back accidentally tucked into your panty hose.

Soldier: “Why is this godforsaken planet worth dying for?”
Brannigan: “Don’t ask me, you’re the one who is going to be dying.”

AZkopper

imported post

Funny, but only for a private setting. Wearing such a t-shirt while OCing is bad taste, and potentially considered threatening (words + immediate ability to carry out words). Bad press for OCers.

Colorado Luckydog

imported post

I wouldn't want to have it on when I had to smoke a bad guy. It wouldn't look to good for me in court. It would look like I was wanting to shoot someone. However, I think it's funny as hell and I would have worn it when I was younger.