• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-shirt: Funny or not?

Jizzzle

imported post

and the selling point if you read the descriptionis to say essentially:

"hey ya'll I'm conceal carrying!"

people really confuse me.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

pfffft! ...girls. ;) Somebody pony up 25 bucks, and I'll rock the thing proudly. :p

I'm far to cheap to pay for it. Besides, the $25 would cover my co-pay after a cop curb stomps my assfor wearing it. :lol:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
pfffft! ...girls. ;) Somebody pony up 25 bucks, and I'll rock the thing proudly. :p

I'm far to cheap to pay for it. Besides, the $25 would cover my co-pay after a cop curb stomps my assfor wearing it. :lol:
You have a $25 co-pay? You poor bastage. Mine is only $12 :cool:

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:
Free country, though. 1A and all that...I would defend to the death one's right to wear it.

39446088v9_350x350_front_color-black.jpg
My kid can't wear it to school, knock yourself out Hank T.

NightOwl

imported post

I like it and think it's funny. Still, bearing in mind the legal aspects of having to defend myself with a gun while wearing it, noooooooot gonna wear that if I'm armed (which means I'm not going to wear it).

MichaelWDean

imported post

Seems like a horrible idea to wear a shirt like that at any time.

I may seem like a square old buzzkill, but I think language is very important. I don't use phrases like "just shoot me", "I could just kill that guy", etc.

I think language like that, and shirts like the one shown, are signifiers of people who don't have respect for guns. At least they're seen that way by the general public.

I think it's important to remember that when open carrying, you are an emissary. It's counterproductive to open carry as a right to do or wear something while carrying that seems threatening, even as a joke.

We need to be ambassadors for open carry.

When open carrying I hold doors for little old ladies. I make sure I tip well (sometimes even a little extra) in restaurants. I make sure to say "please" & "thank you." I call strangers "sir" and "ma'am." And I mean it when I say it.

Guns could be outlawed very soon. The one thing that could keep that from happening is more people in the general public having non-negative views of guns.

Most folks can't even wrap their head around the fact that it's legal to carry a gun if you're not a cop, and many are threatened by it. Add in a stupid shirt with a faux-threat on it and the average citizen gets a really bad view of open carry.

Michael "grandpa Simpson" Dean