Thread: Open Carry on walking trail

Post imported post

I have recently purchased a handgun and i am open carrying in areas that i know are accepted. There is ONE area that i would like to get some feedback on from the members here! I enjoy walking on the trail off of Alameida on the NW side of Albuquerque.
    I first called the Sheriffs dept. to ask if it was ok to open carry on this trail. The woman who answered told me she wasnt sure then she had me call another number 768-4338. The man who picked up said he wasnt sure but if i would hold on a moment he would ask an officer. He came back and said it was ok to open carry because the walking trail isnt considered a state park.
    i have looked on all the boards postings at the entrance and it says nothing about carrying firearms only that the discharge of firearms is unlawful on the trail!
    I would appreciate any input i could get concerning this walking trail!! Thanks

Post imported post

do you have the name of the deputy that gave you the information?

Post imported post

No i dont! I talked to a man who answered the phone, who then told me that he would ask someone there would know the answer to my question. He came back and said open carry is permitted because the officer said that its not considered a state park! But thats not what im thinking after reading the signs!! I just dont want to carry there if its illegal!

Post imported post

i interpret the sign to mean, carry it just don't discharge it. but, you need to call them again and ask them 1 question.

is the walking trail public property. and if it is carry to your hearts content.