Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired at National Holocaust Museum in D.C.

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ust-museum-dc/

DEVELOPING ...
    At least two people were shot after a man opened fire inside the national Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, officials said.
    The suspect has been arrested, according to a law enforcement source.
    Reports said the suspect first shot a security guard, and that another guard returned fire, wounding the alleged shooter.
    There are conflicting reports about how many people were shot.

Post imported post

Just saw the story on the news. WAIT WAIT WAIT! A bad person brought a rifle into DC and shot someone? OMG! How could the law not have stop them from doing this!?!?:shock:

Lawmakers in D.C. think that these things can't happen just because they don't allow firearms to be carried. (FYI bad people carry firearms wherever they please with no regard for the law.)

Post imported post

The story as msnbc is reporting:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31208188/?GT1=43001
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Must be some kind of error in reporting. Everyone knows that there are no guns allowed in DC.

Post imported post

I'd like to note, these are PRIVATE security guards.

Post imported post

It is a Federal building. It is run by the Department of the Interior.

Post imported post

Fox News said he was a WWII veteran. They didn't say which side because he sure has a German last name.

Post imported post

Gunman stopped by someone carrying a gun!!!!!! +1

Post imported post

Here is another instance of a gun-free crime zone. Just like the robberies and sexual assault that happened on the Federal Mall once the BGs figured out that tourists made dandy unarmed victims. Remember what Eleanor Holmes (DC's congressional Delegate who insists on calling herself "Congresswoman") said then? She was furious that the BGs had broken an unspoken truce on the Mall.

Well at least the nutbar used a rifle, not a handgun. But hey, it is dang muggy today. He HAD to be wearing weather-inappropriate clothing to walk down the street unobserved even with a folding-stock, bullpup, or sawed-off rifle. If I had been working security and saw some guy walk in to the Holocaust Museum - which is a target for 57 different varieties of nutbar - wearing any kind of long garment in this heat my hand would have been on my weapon before he ever saw me and the snap would be undone on the holster. And I would have approached - OH HELL. Who trains these guards?? Whoever it is ought to be fired. Of course, I don't know all the details so this judgment might be premature, but it is hard to see where I might be mistaken.

But it is another soft-target shooting and I guarantee it would not have happened in Israel, where LACs armed wwith Uzis would havemade the coward uneasy and also where the guards would have been trained in spotting threats.

More is coming in about the guy - white supremacist (way to show that whites are superior, jerk.) who served time in prison for attempting to perform a "citizen's arrest" of a Federal Reserve Board guy.:shock: Boy I sure hope it wasn't anyone who has ever posted here. Seriously.

Still haven't heard exactly what kind of weapon it was other than a rifle but I don't think the Brady Bunch will care - by the way the security officer who was shot has died - to them any time hot lead goes flying it is one more reason to ban all firearms. It will be the usual steaming heap of u-know-what. "If these deadly weapons were not available this guard would not have died" blah-de-blah-de-blah; and they are partially right. Because if firearms were not available to him he might just have carried a bomb and killed not just one person but several or even several dozen. If he could get that close with a rifle, just thnk of the equivalent volume of home-made explosive he could have gotten in there. But I wonder if this had happened on Monday if it would have been enough to stampede the sheeple to McAuliffe?

Well I am glad I lately shifted to driving nights, because the 14th Street Bridge is a mess as the Museum is located right after you come off of it, and the police are going to be going over the crime scene with a fine tooth comb. And once you manage to get into DC you will play hell getting out. Just great, another example of "gun free crime zones" that will get national play, with a slant aimed at creating more, and not less, of them.

Post imported post

According to my sources, there were members of the Israeli Military (about 20 or so) that showed up after the shooting for "Support"

Under what jurisdiction would they be allowed?

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    According to my sources, there were members of the Israeli Military (about 20 or so) that showed up after the shooting for "Support"

Really? I guess JEWS do rule hehehe

Post imported post

My prayers to the family of the slain security guard.

If Eleanor Holmes Norton, the Mayor and the City Council had their way, the security guards would have been unarmed and many more innocent people would have been murdered.

Post imported post

Interesting that many of the comments on the msnbc article parallel those here.

Maybe folks in this country are starting to grow a brain.

Post imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ust-museum-dc/

DEVELOPING ...
    At least two people were shot after a man opened fire inside the national Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, officials said.
    The suspect has been arrested, according to a law enforcement source.
    Reports said the suspect first shot a security guard, and that another guard returned fire, wounding the alleged shooter.
    There are conflicting reports about how many people were shot.
    carrying a gun is against the law in D.C...HOW did this happen?

Why don't someone call Brady and ask them why it is all of their laws in D.C did not stop this CRIMINAL from hurting people..point out that guns are ILLEGAL to carry in D.C....and ask how it is possible that people were hurt--I mean the laws say that you can't carry...surely no one would disobey the law...

arm the people and you will cut down on violent crime....

Post imported post

I know the pain of loss...I feel for the family that guard leaves behind. May they find some comfort and solace.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:

none that I am aware of...they have no authority here. Are you sure this isn't just a rumor someone started?

Post imported post

astraflyr wrote:
    Gunman stopped by someone carrying a gun!!!!!!** +1

Huh? Gunman stopped by armed security guard, employed by the place where the shooting took place. He wasn't just "someone carrying a gun."

Heller needs to be expanded upon.... ASAP.

Post imported post

Ironic if I read it correctly everyone that got shot in this incident had a gun. That goes to reason that if more people had been armed then more people would have gotten shot. :shock:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    Ironic if I read it correctly everyone that got shot in this incident had a gun. That goes to reason that if more people had been armed then more people would have gotten shot. :shock:
    Gotta love satire.

This was satire, wasn't it?

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    hsmith wrote:

none that I am aware of...they have no authority here. Are you sure this isn't just a rumor someone started?
    I am trying to get confirmation from someone I trust.

Post imported post

MSNBC actually did a very good job on this story.

Washington Police Chief Cathy Lanier said the gunman was "engaged by security guards immediately after entering the door" with a rifle.
    Those guards better watch out, or Lanier will arrest them for using their guns. (Or at least wish that she could.)

The weapon was a .22-caliber rifle, they added.
    Weird. Isn't a .22 a hunting rifle? I thought that there were only two kinds of rifles that could kill people--.50's and assault weapons.

A museum official said a couple of thousand people were inside the facility when the shooting broke out, just before 1 p.m. ET.
    Now to get serious--that fact that only ONE person was killed out of so many shows very clearly how useful an armed population is. In this case, a populationconsisting only of security guards was sufficient, but that has more to do with the fact that the Holocaust Museum takes security very seriously than anything else.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    PT111 wrote:
    Gotta love satire.

This was satire, wasn't it?
    LOL - It makes as much sense as a lot of the arguments you hear from both pro and anti gun people. There was a little book published back in the 60's titled How to Lie With Statistics. This would be a good example for that.

Post imported post

Oh for cryin in the grog. Doesn't anyone recognize an idiot rumor when they hear one?? This is the story of a lone nutbar who walked into a situation where inadequately trained guards realizzed too late whwt was up. The BG was an IDIOT as bgs often are. And I repeat. If he ahd really been prepared to do max damage, a homemade bomb - made from easily obtainable and impossible to regulate materials would have killed many more. But the antis - who are not concerned with ANYONE'S safety will make this out as a "nut with a gun" issue.

Oh the Left, which seeks to disarm We The People, will try and make hay from this and no doubt about it. But the fact is that had this nut had a bomb instead of a gun, many mote wouldd have perished. The armed private guards who stopped this nutball could have IMO stopped him sooner had they been adequately trained in spotting and dealing with threats. HE BROUGHT A RIFLE INTO CLOSE QUATRTERS AT A NUTCASE SOFT TARGET!!! hOW THE EFF DID HE DO THAT??? I am mystified as to how he was avle to smuggle a wepon down the street on a hot, muggy summer day and get as far as he did without a security "professional" detecting something fishy

Right now the omly things I know for sure are that getting into and out of DCis gonna be a mess right ino rush hour. That and I'm gonna have a lot of interesting conversatios with Antis in the next few days.. Hep' me Lawd. Hep' me.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hey, maybe this idiot was hired by the Brady Bunch to pull off this attack, just to give credence to their agenda. They are getting desperate, ya know.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

...how he was able to smuggle a weapon down the street...
    He double-parked his red car right in front of the museum's entrance. Wish I could find the photo - still diggin' for it. I do agree that the outside perimiter of the building wassoft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast