• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots Fired at National Holocaust Museum in D.C.

Bulldog1967

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/10/shots-fired-national-holocaust-museum-dc/

DEVELOPING ...
At least two people were shot after a man opened fire inside the national Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, officials said.
The suspect has been arrested, according to a law enforcement source.
Reports said the suspect first shot a security guard, and that another guard returned fire, wounding the alleged shooter.
There are conflicting reports about how many people were shot.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Just saw the story on the news. WAIT WAIT WAIT! A bad person brought a rifle into DC and shot someone? OMG! How could the law not have stop them from doing this!?!?:shock:

Lawmakers in D.C. think that these things can't happen just because they don't allow firearms to be carried. (FYI bad people carry firearms wherever they please with no regard for the law.)

acrimsontide

imported post

Must be some kind of error in reporting. Everyone knows that there are no guns allowed in DC.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Fox News said he was a WWII veteran. They didn't say which side because he sure has a German last name.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Here is another instance of a gun-free crime zone. Just like the robberies and sexual assault that happened on the Federal Mall once the BGs figured out that tourists made dandy unarmed victims. Remember what Eleanor Holmes (DC's congressional Delegate who insists on calling herself "Congresswoman") said then? She was furious that the BGs had broken an unspoken truce on the Mall.

Well at least the nutbar used a rifle, not a handgun. But hey, it is dang muggy today. He HAD to be wearing weather-inappropriate clothing to walk down the street unobserved even with a folding-stock, bullpup, or sawed-off rifle. If I had been working security and saw some guy walk in to the Holocaust Museum - which is a target for 57 different varieties of nutbar - wearing any kind of long garment in this heat my hand would have been on my weapon before he ever saw me and the snap would be undone on the holster. And I would have approached - OH HELL. Who trains these guards?? Whoever it is ought to be fired. Of course, I don't know all the details so this judgment might be premature, but it is hard to see where I might be mistaken.

But it is another soft-target shooting and I guarantee it would not have happened in Israel, where LACs armed wwith Uzis would havemade the coward uneasy and also where the guards would have been trained in spotting threats.

More is coming in about the guy - white supremacist (way to show that whites are superior, jerk.) who served time in prison for attempting to perform a "citizen's arrest" of a Federal Reserve Board guy.:shock: Boy I sure hope it wasn't anyone who has ever posted here. Seriously.

Still haven't heard exactly what kind of weapon it was other than a rifle but I don't think the Brady Bunch will care - by the way the security officer who was shot has died - to them any time hot lead goes flying it is one more reason to ban all firearms. It will be the usual steaming heap of u-know-what. "If these deadly weapons were not available this guard would not have died" blah-de-blah-de-blah; and they are partially right. Because if firearms were not available to him he might just have carried a bomb and killed not just one person but several or even several dozen. If he could get that close with a rifle, just thnk of the equivalent volume of home-made explosive he could have gotten in there. But I wonder if this had happened on Monday if it would have been enough to stampede the sheeple to McAuliffe?

Well I am glad I lately shifted to driving nights, because the 14th Street Bridge is a mess as the Museum is located right after you come off of it, and the police are going to be going over the crime scene with a fine tooth comb. And once you manage to get into DC you will play hell getting out. Just great, another example of "gun free crime zones" that will get national play, with a slant aimed at creating more, and not less, of them. :banghead:

hsmith

imported post

According to my sources, there were members of the Israeli Military (about 20 or so) that showed up after the shooting for "Support"

Under what jurisdiction would they be allowed?

taurusfan

imported post

hsmith wrote:
According to my sources, there were members of the Israeli Military (about 20 or so) that showed up after the shooting for "Support"

Really? I guess JEWS do rule hehehe :lol:

Toymaker

imported post

My prayers to the family of the slain security guard.

If Eleanor Holmes Norton, the Mayor and the City Council had their way, the security guards would have been unarmed and many more innocent people would have been murdered.

Daddyo

imported post

Interesting that many of the comments on the msnbc article parallel those here.

Maybe folks in this country are starting to grow a brain.

suntzu

imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/10/shots-fired-national-holocaust-museum-dc/

DEVELOPING ...
At least two people were shot after a man opened fire inside the national Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, officials said.
The suspect has been arrested, according to a law enforcement source.
Reports said the suspect first shot a security guard, and that another guard returned fire, wounding the alleged shooter.
There are conflicting reports about how many people were shot.
carrying a gun is against the law in D.C...HOW did this happen?

Why don't someone call Brady and ask them why it is all of their laws in D.C did not stop this CRIMINAL from hurting people..point out that guns are ILLEGAL to carry in D.C....and ask how it is possible that people were hurt--I mean the laws say that you can't carry...surely no one would disobey the law...

arm the people and you will cut down on violent crime....

suntzu

imported post

I know the pain of loss...I feel for the family that guard leaves behind. May they find some comfort and solace.

suntzu

imported post

hsmith wrote:

none that I am aware of...they have no authority here. Are you sure this isn't just a rumor someone started?

PT111

imported post

Ironic if I read it correctly everyone that got shot in this incident had a gun. That goes to reason that if more people had been armed then more people would have gotten shot. :shock:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PT111 wrote:
Ironic if I read it correctly everyone that got shot in this incident had a gun. That goes to reason that if more people had been armed then more people would have gotten shot. :shock:

Gotta love satire. :)

This was satire, wasn't it?

hsmith

imported post

suntzu wrote:
hsmith wrote:

none that I am aware of...they have no authority here. Are you sure this isn't just a rumor someone started?
I am trying to get confirmation from someone I trust.