Thread: Will a Glock 26 fit in a CTAC for a Glock 19?

Post imported post

Will a Glock 26 fit in a CTAC for a Glock 19? I currently have a Glock 19 and may be purchasing a Glock 26 soon. Will the 26 fit in the CTAC holster for a 19 snugly?

Thanks!

Post imported post

The quick answer, yes.

Thesub and compactmodels will fit holsters designed for the full-sized.
    :

The "Slide" version allows you to use one holster for similar guns of different lengths (such as Glock 26, 19 and .17).
    The Slide is typically slightly longer than the shortest gun of the series, and left open so the excess barrel length on longer guns can "slide" through the end of the holster.
    A "Full-Coverage" version can be ordered by selecting your specific gun model.

This Comp-Tac holster will accommodate all the Glocks except the 20/21/29/30/36
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Sweet! Just placed my order for the CTAC:celebrateThanks!

Also found a good pic

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Also found a good pic
    Thought you were going for the MTAC?

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Also found a good pic
    Thought you were going for the MTAC?
    I was swaying towards it at first, but I am skinny and need this thing to hug my body the best it can. If I don't like the CTAC then I'll just purchase the MTAC

Post imported post

The leather backing is maybe 1/4" so it really doesn't add much thickness, but it goes a long way in insulating your love handles from the hard kydex holster It doesn't take long for the leather to conform to your body. I sold all my CTACs for MTACs personally...

Here is a pic to give you an idea of the thickness of the leather: http://www.spankdu.com/guns/mtac1.jpg

Buy once, cry once It's up to you though...

I'm at 135lbs and didn't have a problem going to the MTAC from CTAX also

Post imported post

Hmm I guess I will find out if I like it or not once I start to carry more. Then I'll decide to switch or not I am not too worried about the kydex because of my boxers but we'll see how it goes.

Post imported post

Unless your boxers are padded, I don't think they'll help. I wear boxer shorts (how did we get to talking about underwear on a gun site anyways? LOL) and it didn't make a difference. I'm just trying to save you an extrastep and go to the MTAC directly, it's only a few dollars more and really is a better holster. Also the bodies are interchangeable so if you get a different gun, just change the body not the entire holster.

Post imported post

I just tried to call and change the order but they want $20 to switch it to an MTAC. I am just going to stick with the CTAC for now. They haven't made the holster yet so I don't know why the heck they want $20 for a simple switch to another holster that is the same price

Post imported post

Dang that sucks that they're trying to charge you to change the order. Can you just cancel the order all together and then submit a new order? I've always had great customer service from them so this is kind of puzzling.

I once started an order, then changed my mind and didn't complete the online order form. I guess I got far enough into the process where it submits the order into their computer system, but I never paid for it. A few weeks later they emailed me asking me if I still was interested. I was but was going to wait till my next paycheck to order one. They were prompt and friendly in all their emails.

I found this on their site: http://www.comp-tac.com/faq.php#9

Can I change or cancel my order?
    Orders in the “Pending” status can be cancelled or changed at any time. Orders in the status of “In Production” will be charged a $20.00 change or cancellation fee to cover material and handling expenses. Please ensure your order is correct before you submit your order and contact us immediately if there are any changes.

Hopefully your holster isn't "in production" yet...

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    Dang that sucks that they're trying to charge you to change the order. Can you just cancel the order all together and then submit a new order? I've always had great customer service from them so this is kind of puzzling.

I once started an order, then changed my mind and didn't complete the online order form. I guess I got far enough into the process where it submits the order into their computer system, but I never paid for it. A few weeks later they emailed me asking me if I still was interested. I was but was going to wait till my next paycheck to order one. They were prompt and friendly in all their emails.

I found this on their site: http://www.comp-tac.com/faq.php#9

Can I change or cancel my order?
    Orders in the “Pending” status can be cancelled or changed at any time. Orders in the status of “In Production” will be charged a $20.00 change or cancellation fee to cover material and handling expenses. Please ensure your order is correct before you submit your order and contact us immediately if there are any changes.

Hopefully your holster isn't "in production" yet...
    Mine has been "in production" from the day after I ordered it to now which is 8 days. They are running a 10 day production time though is why I wondered if I could simply change it. It hasn't even been made yet you know? Oh well I guess I am sticking with the CTAC for a while.