• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Independence Week - Pro-Gun Rally

Your thoughts on this?

• I'm in, 110%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be there

• I'll drop by

• I'm apathetic to my gun rights

• Total voters

vt007ken

imported post

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm contacting you to get your feedback on this activity that is quickly enveloping the gun-rights community on a national scale (see forwarded msg below). I'm not sure if OC (in VA or otherwise) has considered joining in on this yet, but I feel that this could be the *single most important event* to our pro-gun interests. You and I know that our rights are under fire, but few realize that the attack is not on the legislative front as much as it is on the cultural front. (For discussion, I offer the following article: NOTE - the article implies a conspiracy theory, you may ignore it for the article's point about gun culture http://www.thecitizen.com/~citizen0/node/36930.)

I would like to see OC get on board with this, and would like to hear your thoughts. We at SCCC are also considering this, and I'm contacting other pro-gun groups in VA to get feedback as well. If we all get on-board, and get local shooting ranges, gun shops, hunting organizations, etc. in as well, we can dedicate an entire week to strengthening the pro-gun community to a level that could never be defeated.

I anxiously await your thoughts!

Ken Stanton
PhD Student, Virginia Tech
VP, Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at Virginia Tech

--------------------- Forwarded from SAF:

NATIONAL TRAINING WEEK

Celebrate the Fourth of July with
Fireworks, Firearms and Freedom
Good Americans Are Good Marksmen—
include some range time in your Independence Day plans!

National Training Week is endorsed by:Congressman John Shadegg
The Second Amendment Foundation
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
KeepAndBearArms.com
The Firearms Coalition (Neal Knox's group)
Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform
Skip Coryell, founder of the Second Amendment March
Gun Owners of America
The Appleseed Project

(This list is growing faster than our ability to update it;
groups that support gun rights and training recognize the value.)

Memo to Gun Clubs & Gun Ranges:

NATIONAL TRAINING WEEK — 3 Easy Steps

Dear Range Owner,

The week of July 4th is being established as National Training Week, a time when all good Americans go to ranges nationwide and enjoy the shooting sports.

This is a promotional and business-building opportunity for you, and a chance for the nation to rise up as one and exercise the right t! ! o keep and bear arms.

The event is strictly voluntary, it costs you virtually nothing to participate, and you will attract new customers and a revenue stream by climbing on board.

1. Tell your employees to talk up National Training Week, July 4 to July 11, Saturday to Saturday, and post the fliers linked at the end of this letter.

2. Offer your standard handgun rentals for one hour at no charge—that's the big draw, people get to try out firearms they haven't fired. It costs you almost nothing, and customers use range time and ammo at normal prices—or offer discounts if you really want to increase your crowd.

3. Schedule classes, have instructors available on site, make sure you have supplies on hand (including some books!), and add any other promo and PR you like to increase your draw.

It’s easy, it’s coordinated nationwide, national news outlets are being approached for coverage... put up the signs, tell ! ! your clients, go for it!

“Good Americans are good marksmen.”
“Safe gun handling is everybody’s business.”

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Im there?

Im In?

I'll stop by?

Three responses that all are in the affirmative to go somewhere? take part? agree with you? go to my local range like I do anyway? Your poll is not very descriptive.

vt007ken

imported post

Ed, it's a humorous poll, take it lightly. I'm bringing up the idea for discussion, and to get OC involved. Just about every other gun rights org out there is in, and I want to see OC included.

But if you think this is just about "another trip to the range" you are completely missing the point. Look it over again and give that link at least a skim.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

vt007ken wrote:
Ed, it's a humorous poll, take it lightly.
very well.. I am pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like that and am slammed busy but like to stand up for my (our?) rights. So if you need me to be somewhere, I need right up front where, when, how long , how much $ and what will be required of me.. So when I saw the "I'm in", "See ya there" etc.. I did'nt get it. (But I was also reading on a mobile screen.. now I get it)

I am also leary of any person that comes to our little group here and on their very first post they want others to jump in with both feet on whatever the poster asks.. but I get it now..

and.. in case it did not come thru in my father like tone and dickish attitude.. Welcome to OCDO, and I mean that.

Ed

vt007ken

imported post

Thanks, Ed. Sorry for the confusion. I had a username but couldn't get into it, so I started a new one. That's why I also posted my affiliation in the signature, to bring some credibility.

Thanks for your support, and I'm anxious to hear what others think!