• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recommendations for Reno?

irish

imported post

Lived in Vegas for quite awhile but never made it to Reno yet... flying there tonight for a business meeting tomorrow afternoon. Anybody have any recommendations on where to go for dinner, where to go at night for entertainment? Also, what about tomorrow afternoon?

Any and all recommendations are welcome, thank you!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Some good places for dinner:

Red Lobster
5015 Kietzke Lane
Reno, NV 89511

Romano's Macaroni Grill
5505 S Virginia St
Reno, NV

Olive Garden
4900 S Virginia
Reno, NV 89502

Claim Jumper (We had an open carry meet here once.)
4905 S Virginia St
Reno, NV

I'm not sure how late they are open, but Wong's Ghengis Kahn is a good Mongolian buffet that I've eaten lunch at a few times.
5485 Equity Ave
Reno, NV 89502
+1 775-857-3388

calmp9

imported post

irish wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! Any good gun stores I should check out while I'm up there?
If you rent a car, here's some you can check. I am sure there's more.

Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Scheel's, and Mark, Fore & Strike.

calmp9

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
Some good places for dinner:

Red Lobster
5015 Kietzke Lane
Reno, NV 89511

Romano's Macaroni Grill
5505 S Virginia St
Reno, NV

Olive Garden
4900 S Virginia
Reno, NV 89502

Claim Jumper (We had an open carry meet here once.)
4905 S Virginia St
Reno, NV

I'm not sure how late they are open, but Wong's Ghengis Kahn is a good Mongolian buffet that I've eaten lunch at a few times.
5485 Equity Ave
Reno, NV 89502
+1 775-857-3388
How's the Claim Jumper over there?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

The claim jumper seemed pretty good when we were there.

As for gun stores, in addition to the one Calmp9 mentioned,Silver State Arms has a good selection of rifles usually that are out for people to look at and handle without asking.Also, a lot of people seem to like Nevada Armory, but I haven't been there yet.

calmp9

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
The claim jumper seemed pretty good when we were there.

As for gun stores, in addition to the one Calmp9 mentioned,Silver State Arms has a good selection of rifles usually that are out for people to look at and handle without asking.Also, a lot of people seem to like Nevada Armory, but I haven't been there yet.
Forgot about that one. That's where my brother bought his Ruger SP101.

I thought I saw a sign in the front that said no loaded firearms or something like that. Does that pertain to open and concealed carry or just to firearms that people bring in there for service or buying and selling? I was carrying at the time when we were there.

calmp9

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Ignore the sign. If asked if it's loaded, say it's not. If asked to leave, leave.
Of course!

I was just wondering what the owner is asking. I was thinking it just applied to firearms that he was going to have to handle.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Forgot about that one.  That's where my brother bought his Ruger SP101. 

I thought I saw a sign in the front that said no loaded firearms or something like that.  Does that pertain to open and concealed carry or just to firearms that people bring in there for service or buying and selling?  I was carrying at the time when we were there. 

Referring to Silver State Arms, I have no idea. I've always carried openly and loaded every time I've been in there and I don't pay much attention to the sign. They've never questioned me about it, so I assume that it only refers to the ones for service. But I've never asked them.

irish

imported post

Thanks for all the recommendations. Finished up early and won't have time to sight see this time but next time I'll bring the wife and definitely spend the weekend. Thanks again!