• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Witnessed the Open Carry Dance in VA Beach (positive encounter)

paramedic70002

imported post

Just curious, since Zero's is a sub shop, was it really a "bar" in the classic sense of the word, or a "counter" as I have seen in other Zero's?

I too am wondering why you could not sit there. Visible from the street?

Not that it matters.

wylde007

imported post

It is a "bar" in the sense that they sell alcohol for on-site consumption. It is the generally accepted definition by the uneducated.

For the same purposes, Qdoba at Hilltop is a "bar".

darthmord

imported post

For good pizza, pasta, and more, try the pizza place on Newtown Road heading north (next door to a Subway on the left side of the road).

For the life of me, I cannot remember the store's name but it's an Italian place, family owned. You don't walk out of there either. You roll.

Jared

imported post

Yeah, it's on the street corner. You order on one side then you walk around to the other end, there are tables and a bar top.

Jared

imported post

That is true. I tell them if that's a bar then when they buy their groceries at some of the wegmans here in NOVA... then they are shopping at a bar because they have an ABC license due to the wine samples.

hsmith

imported post

I liked someones reply on here when asked about the license issue

"I am granted full permission to by both federal, state, and local jurisdictions" or something of that nature

usually goes way over their head and answers their question ;)