• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Gun Rights Card

Pace

imported post

I'm thinking of putting a gun rights card, with on the front the NEvada State Police Logo and the LVMPD logo, their numbers to the Gun Units... and also Internal Affairs, and the dispach

... On the back various information to give to any officer who does question regarding our gun. Thoughts:

Officer:

- I do not give you permission to search...
- I do not give you permission to touch my gun, seize my gun or unload my gun.
- I have a right under ... (insert law here)
- If I am not being arrested, I wish to leave and no longer be detained.

Etc.

I'll have my ad company print them for free for pickup in stores in nevada.

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

Things like this have been done in the past, but on a more individual basis. Cards, with the right content could be very helpful in spreading the word. Many businesses have open countertop space that they allow for business cards to be left for other patron. Or they might have a bulletin board where cards are posted. These would be great places to post cards with info to this site. As a matter of fact, a few nights ago I was doing some late-night shopping at Smiths at Aliante. Yes, I was OCing. A couple of employeessaid they didn't know a citizen could legallyOC andstarted asking me questions. I gave them the web site info. I wished I had business cards that I could've given to them.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

On monday I went down to Henderson Harley to help a friend purchase a new bike. I was OCing and had the door held open for me by a motorcop who was there to pick up parts. then when I met the salesman, he was digging the factI was OCing said he had aRuger in his pocket, and the point is he handed me a buisness card of a different nature. It shows a firearm with the red circle and line thru it and then equalsthen it shows a dollar sign with the circle and line through it its good for getting a point accross. Dave

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I love the idea of a "Gun Rights" card but would like to suggest that the "I do not consent to being searched" not be on it. Print 2 cards if you like, but incorporating the instructions to law enforcement is risky, here's why I think that.

A Gun Rights card is useful to citizens AND law enforcement, but if it incorporates a "anti cop" feel, it's no longer a resource to them, but an enemy. Plus, it can be a turnoff to some people. Some do prefer to cooperate with police and do not associate 2nd amendment with 4th/5th amendment.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Tim that one is very close to what he had, I have been in contact and we found out we had been shooting together one time through a mutual friend. he isnt so sure about OCing but iam trying to get him on board. Dave

Pace

imported post

Yeah, I like this. My idea of doing it on PVC, and having the contact information for the local departments is:

- PVC looks more "official"
- Having the contact information, shows the police offier that you are educated, that you know what to do, and if they violate your rights, the first thing you will be doing is calling Internal Affairs, the FireArms division, and their supervisors without actually saying it.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dave,

Who's the sales rep at Henderson?

Brad there is a great guy. Bought my RKC from him.

Joe in Parts is also super.

Lots of good folks at HHD.

Bob

Merlin

imported post

This is a fantastic idea. Tim, do you have those original files that you can post up in whatever format you created them in? I would like to print some copies myself.

I also REALLY dig the idea of having a quick-reference card for some of the common NRS, and the ways they are commonly violated. I think that would be a great reference.