• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry is Dangerous

Pace

imported post

1) Its dangerous to the government, and tyrants. the people should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of the people (both V & Thomas Jefferson)

2) OC is dangerous to criminals. They get to see there are more armed citizens, so they are less likely to commit crimes. It means less money for their drug habits... it also means more criminals shot during violent crimes.

3) OC is dangerous to terrorists. Imagine a polite, armed US society? Ever been to Israel, where regularly ARMED CITIZENS capture terrorists...

Kenosis

imported post

I feel tricked, but in a good way. Like a child who is told he's going to the National Bingo Convention with his 90-year old grandmother, but actually gets to go to Busch Gardens.

Good points there :)

r6-rider

imported post

Pace wrote:
3) OC is dangerous to terrorists. Imagine a polite, armed US society? Ever been to Israel, where regularly ARMED CITIZENS capture terrorists...
ah i used this line the other day on a liberal, when she was talking down on me for carrying a gun. her response, "well their country is at war, and besides theyre all in the military" i told her how i was in the military and our country is the most hated in the world, she said "yea but your only 18 and i dont see any terrorist around here"

i started cracking up. some people will never know...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
Pace wrote:
ah i used this line the other day on a liberal, when she was talking down on me for carrying a gun. her response, "well their country is at war, and besides theyre all in the military" i told her how i was in the military and our country is the most hated in the world, she said "yea but your only 18 and i dont see any terrorist around here"

Should have asked her if she new what a terrorist looks like, before they strike.

Some people don't want to know. If it doesn't fit in their utopian world view, it doesn't exist.

r6-rider

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
Pace wrote:

Should have asked her if she new what a terrorist looks like, before they strike.

Some people don't want to know. If it doesn't fit in their utopian world view, it doesn't exist.
her response probly would of been "yea those guys with shoulder things that go up"

some people are clearly incapable of thinking outside the box. but thats ok, thats why we have people in office to do the thinking for them...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
Pace wrote:

her response probly would of been "yea those guys with shoulder things that go up"

some people are clearly incapable of thinking outside the box. but thats ok, thats why we have people in office to do the thinking for them...
The bad thing is allot of those people in office can't think outside the box either.

r6-rider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
What does a terrorist look like?
that was part of the reason why i laughed. usually libs are the ones who say "dont judge" well i think its pretty much implied what she was trying to say

curtm1911

imported post

According to the Report that Janet Napolireno let slip out, I AM A TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Believe in the Constitution. The Bill Of Rights, which does Not Grant Rights, just Aknowledges them and places Restrictions on Government, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, anda Right To Ask My Government For To Redress Of Grievences and Secure Borders.I read this stuff somewhere when I was younger, it was taught in schools.

What do I look like. Just some guy.........They are not stupid, Urban Camoflage..............hmmmmmmmmm just What is Urban Camoflage...........it ain't shades of Grey...........