• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Greet

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The folks over at Nevada Shooters are having a meet & greet Sunday and have invited us to participate.

Sunday 06/14/09 10am

From their forum post:
http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=3726

The shooting area in Lovell Canyon is 5.6 miles off of Hwy. 160. It is paved all the way to the area. It's about 4000' elev., so the tempurature is about 10-15 degrees cooler than the valley floors. Roughly 45 minutes from DSRPC.

Google Maps Link

Reports from people who have been to the site say it is a mess like the sloan spot so as an act of community service we will also be picking up more then our share of trash before heading out.

Facejackets

imported post

Hey Tim, what is your name over at Nevada Shooters?

It is gonna be a fun get together. The last one we had was pretty good, but this one seems like it will probably be better.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can someone who has been out there fill me in on the "lay of the land" so to speak? Rifles/shotguns appropriate at this location, or pistols only?

Is this just a spot out in the desert, or is it a formal shooting club with target frames, etc.

Are folks planning to make a day of it, or just a few hours shooting/BSing and cleanup?

Thanks,
Bob

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Hey Bob, I just went to lovell canyon today, tim said paved road, so I took the Full dress Harley split the ar 15, put it in the tour pack, loaded up my son and a couple of pistols, and had a great ride out there. you shoot against a good sized hill and its not long distance so I didnt shoot the ar 15, my choice. It wasnt as bad (trash ) as some places but it can use some attn. should be great. Dave

P.S. not formal just desert

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Went for a couple hours. Got to meet Luke (AnakinsKid) and Eli. If there were other OCDOers, I didn't have a chance to meet them.

The Nevada Shooters folk were all very friendly.

Facejackets

imported post

Why thank you!

We had a very good turnout today. I was stoked. I wish I had more time to make my way around the crowd and meet everyone, but I had to leave at 10:15am to get to work on time.

I was the guy with the PVC target stand, and the zombie target....that kept on blowing over, and ended up getting destroyed

AnakinsKid

imported post

We had a great turnout. I got to shoot a couple full autos for the first time (with my ammo of course). One was an AR15, the other was a suppressed MAC-10 (I think) in 9mm.

It was a blast. Literally. One of the guys put some tannerite inside a computer case. Pieces of the motherboard were still falling 15 seconds after detonation.

And to get more of you out there next time (video):

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=30c9ftc&s=5