• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

charter membership...

bb

imported post

On 6/11/09 $20 standard membership was posted on my charge card, I have not received anything , please update me

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bossbart wrote:
On 6/11/09 $20 standard membership was posted on my charge card, I have not received anything , please update me

Bossbart:

Keep in mind that we're volunteering our time for this.

Until we start raking in $100k+ per year and can hire people to do the mailings for us like the NRA does, it's done on evenings and weekends as time allows.

I was among the first 15 or so charter members to have paid, and I'm still waiting too.

Patience...patience....

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I have been asked to write a newsletter for the MOC members. I was wondering if the members have a preference regarding file type? I'm thinking of making it .pdf, but am willing to design it as a .doc file too. Does anyone else have a preference; .doc files typically don't show up on Blackberry w/out an additional app purchase.

Also, if anyone has any information that you think would be important to MOC members and wish to have it included in the mewsletter, send me a pm w/ your ideas.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DrTodd wrote:
I have been asked to write a newsletter for the MOC members. I was wondering if the members have a preference regarding file type? I'm thinking of making it .pdf, but am willing to design it as a .doc file too. Does anyone else have a preference; .doc files typically don't show up on Blackberry w/out an additional app purchase.

Also, if anyone has any information that you think would be important to MOC members and wish to have it included in the mewsletter, send me a pm w/ your ideas.

PDF is generally a good choice. Universally readable on most any OS, including lots of cell phone OSes.

Bronson

imported post

Just received the rest of the membership packet. I've got info cards in my wallet and trifolds in my back pocket :celebrate

One suggestion though, make the membership cards smaller. They are significantly larger than my driver's license, CPL or any other card in mywallet. Even after trimmingalmostall of the lamination off it still barely fits in the ID slot.

Thanks,

Bronson

cabman1

imported post

still waiting on mine but a not complaining though.do have a quick question on the top of the sign up for membership it reads.

All Memberships Include:
A membership card good for discounts at participating businesses.

Where are the participating business?

T Vance

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
still waiting on mine but a not complaining though.do have a quick question on the top of the sign up for membership it reads.

All Memberships Include:
A membership card good for discounts at participating businesses.

Where are the participating business?

I'm sure that is a small amount of businesses...for now. As this movement grows, and business owners become more involved, I'm sure the list will get larger?

Is there a cab company in Jackson that gives discounts to MOC members? :lol:

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I had a few people ask me at the Macomb picnic "How do I become a member of MOC?" Due to all of the events we have had this summer I have heard this question quite a bit. So, for all of our new members to the forum that are not aware, you can become an actual member with Michigan Open Carry, Inc by clicking on the following link and signing up. We have several membership options that are very affordable and will go to help support MOC and its cause.

It is all of YOU that have made this our best summer to date, and for that reason YOU have all helped MOC grow. Please help to show your support by visiting the membership page and joining today.

Thanks everyone!

http://www.miopencarry.org/page.php?Membership

cabman1

imported post

And I would also like to point out that I have some membership sign up forms that I got from venator on hand. If any one is interested in becoming a member I will have them at the loomis park picnic In jackson.you can give me the money for the membership and I will forward it to Venator.Or you can sing up at the link.Its all on the membership form!

blairellis

imported post

I paid for my Charter membership a week ago? I have not heard anything from anyone. I sent Venator a PM regarding this but have not heard back from him confirming he received payment.

Can SOMEONE tell me that you have my money? I'd just like to make sure it went through with no hiccups.

Smoothsounds21

imported post

blairellis wrote:
I paid for my Charter membership a week ago? I have not heard anything from anyone. I sent Venator a PM regarding this but have not heard back from him confirming he received payment.

Can SOMEONE tell me that you have my money? I'd just like to make sure it went through with no hiccups.
I paid over a month ago and have heard and received nothing. I would also like to know something.