Thread: Macomb County deputy harrasment.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

A member has been harassed twice now by the same deputy. This LEO knows it's legal he just doesn't like it and is threatening to keep on harassing OCers.

So we need a Picnic in his patrol area to make a point. Anyone that wants to organize something in that area please step up. I can PM you the member in question for more details.

So...make it so!

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Have his supervisors been contacted?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

PM sent.

I saw Sheriff Hackel at Joe Louis Arena's Olympia Room at our OT win during the Blackhawk series. I was so tempted to approach him and act like we were old friends and say, "So when would be a good time to meet up and discuss open carry" but it was at the bar and I was with my buddy the horrid drunk who was already drawing attention to himself.

Post imported post

Macomb county is....rather large, PM if you'd like, but can you narrow the location down just a bit? There are quite a few things floating around over here, but I'm totally game for something Kalamazooesque right now.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    A member has been harassed twice now by the same deputy.
    So will the "member" step forward and ID himself and the deputy? Post photos, recordings? Do a press interview?

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Venator, if you still need someone PM me the location so I know where it's at. I'll let you know if I can do it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    A member has been harassed twice now by the same deputy.
    So will the "member" step forward and ID himself and the deputy? Post photos, recordings? Do a press interview?
    We're working on it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

OH! I would LOVE to be there for this event. I will try my best to keep you guys updated on my return visit to Mich. Hoping soooooooo much I do not miss THIS.

Post imported post

I would be interested in organizing an open caryy picnic in this area.

gekgun@yahoo.com

Post imported post

No need to over think it, pick a time and a spot that work for you, and post it.

If you build it, they will come.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes and i have talked off and on about having a Boston Market OC meetup. Maybe it's time we start coordinating that.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Boston Market is great during the 7 nasty and cold months, but while it's warm why not meet at a park and have a BBQ?

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Boston Market is great during the 7 nasty and cold months, but while it's warm why not meet at a park and have a BBQ?
    I'm in, what do you have in mind??

Post imported post

Well, if we're going to organize it by where one of our members has gotten hassled, we're going to need that information first.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I don't think the locations were originally being withheld as it was mentioned in earlier posts by the member in question.But,in case those posts were deleted for whatever reason,I won't say.

With that being said...

I was planning on getting an event together about a month ago but some personal crap came up and I wasn't sure if I would be able to fully commit to something this summer and dropped the ball.

I've scouted around potential locations and know macomb twp and chesterfield twp have several nice parks between them. Mount Clemens has a couple smaller parks too. I also know that of all the townships in the area, macomb twp is the only one that doesn't have its own police and is fully serviced by, ours truly, macomb county sheriff's dept. However, mount clemens is where the sheriff's dept is located and "The Clem" is largely serviced by the sheriff's dept as well. Metro Beach/Huron-Clinton Authority is also serviced by the sheriff's dept. I dunno, maybe harrison twp doesn't have a police dept either.

Anyway, just my unrequested two cents worth. I'm sure there are several places that would fit the bill in macomb county, but of the places I mentioned, I believe there lies the largest presence of macomb county sheriff/deputies in the county.

If someone needs anymore input for potential event locations PM me. I am located in this area.

I would be willing to contribute any which way I can. I just don't think I can fully commit to something right now as it seems everytime I turn around lately I'm either getting overly pinched, stretched, or bent. I didn't want to call a picnic than not be able to show up.

But, if someone else wants to call it...

Post imported post

Someone can just PM me the location in question

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    Someone can just PM me the location in question
    Yes, please get Generaldet the info!! We can all see how good he is at organizing a picnic & getting the work out to the media that it is going to take place! I can't wait for the picnic in Oxford tomorrow. :celebrate