Thread: Tidewater JUNE Open Carry Dinner

Post imported post

Ithink it is time for another dinner. 17 June 2009at 7pm at the Golden Corral on Mercury blvd in Hampton.

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=1123%20...;gid1=12844924

Post imported post

Sounds good 2 me. Count me in for Me, Myself and I. What time we looking at here?
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.

Post imported post

wolf-father wrote:

I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :-)

Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    wolf-father wrote:

I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :-)

Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!

That is good advice I had not thought of that most do have Hampton roads one watched. What did you get a reckless driveing ticket?

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    wolf-father wrote:
    ....When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.
    For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(

Post imported post

Can't make this even though it's in Hampton. I'll be working my part time job just down the street that night.:?

Post imported post

Sorry guys, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have other plans for that night as well.

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(
    If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers.

Post imported post

I'll try to be there if I'm not out on a sailboat.

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    Bubba Ron wrote:

If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers.
    You are correct - why start another thread with a different title? The reason for one each month is so we don't end up with a bunch of pages. It's worked since the beginning, why fix what ain't broke? We all enjoy the dinners and we make it to the ones we can attend.

Post imported post

The 17th is fast approaching and not much word on the topic here. I said I'd make it and so did 1 or 2 others. Still no time set. 6pm works best for me as i have to be off to work at 9pm.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Post imported post

It is and has been in bold in the OP. 7pm I just kept it at what is normaly done.

Post imported post

Two more!

Long as the time is not moved earlier than 7:00.

Post imported post

wolf-father wrote:
    It is and has been in bold in the OP. 7pm I just kept it at what is normaly done.

Um der ya I'm a putz in need of coffee and sleep.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

ccloud43

Post imported post

Me and my wife will be there

Post imported post

With sadnessI have to say I can not make it now due to unforeseen work issues.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Post imported post

gotta be at work by 9pm, so cant come... sorry.

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

Post imported post

Put me down for 2 if its still on.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

Post imported post

We are still on for dinner at 7. I think I have come up with 10 including myself. So we should be good with out a reservation.

Post imported post

Nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. It was a little amusing to get the immediate :what:from the table behind us as we were sitting down. My only complaint was it was definitely loud early onso I had a little trouble hearing.

I am surprised that I still haven't found another Sig fan, but hey everyone has their own preference. If I remember I will bring my two boxes of 7.62x39 ammo with me to unload at the next dinner.

Post imported post

Yea the guy in that group threw me off a little. I found out later that that rooms they did have were reserved. I still had a good time though. Thanks to all who came.