Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Tidewater JUNE Open Carry Dinner

  1. #1
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    Ithink it is time for another dinner. 17 June 2009at 7pm at the Golden Corral on Mercury blvd in Hampton.

    http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=1123%20...;gid1=12844924

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    Sounds good 2 me. Count me in for Me, Myself and I. What time we looking at here?
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

  3. #3
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.

  4. #4
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    wolf-father wrote:
    Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.

    I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

    Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :-)

    Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!


  5. #5
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    wolf-father wrote:
    Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.

    I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

    Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :-)

    Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!

    That is good advice I had not thought of that most do have Hampton roads one watched. What did you get a reckless driveing ticket?




  6. #6
    Regular Member Bubba Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, , USA
    Posts
    883

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    wolf-father wrote:
    Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.
    ....When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.
    For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

    Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran kimbercarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    721

    Post imported post

    Can't make this even though it's in Hampton. I'll be working my part time job just down the street that night.:?

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715

    Post imported post

    Sorry guys, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have other plans for that night as well.

  9. #9
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    Bubba Ron wrote:
    For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

    Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(
    If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers.


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    236

    Post imported post

    I'll try to be there if I'm not out on a sailboat.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Bubba Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, , USA
    Posts
    883

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    Bubba Ron wrote:
    For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

    Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(
    If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers.
    You are correct - why start another thread with a different title? The reason for one each month is so we don't end up with a bunch of pages. It's worked since the beginning, why fix what ain't broke? We all enjoy the dinners and we make it to the ones we can attend.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    The 17th is fast approaching and not much word on the topic here. I said I'd make it and so did 1 or 2 others. Still no time set. 6pm works best for me as i have to be off to work at 9pm.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

  13. #13
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    It is and has been in bold in the OP. 7pm I just kept it at what is normaly done.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near The Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    454

    Post imported post


    Two more!

    Long as the time is not moved earlier than 7:00.



  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    wolf-father wrote:
    It is and has been in bold in the OP. 7pm I just kept it at what is normaly done.


    Um der ya I'm a putz in need of coffee and sleep.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

  16. #16
    ccloud43
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Me and my wife will be there

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    With sadnessI have to say I can not make it now due to unforeseen work issues.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran joeamt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    211

    Post imported post

    gotta be at work by 9pm, so cant come... sorry.

  19. #19
    Regular Member 1000ydshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    Put me down for 2 if its still on.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

  20. #20
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    We are still on for dinner at 7. I think I have come up with 10 including myself. So we should be good with out a reservation.

  21. #21
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    Nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. It was a little amusing to get the immediate :what:from the table behind us as we were sitting down. My only complaint was it was definitely loud early onso I had a little trouble hearing.

    I am surprised that I still haven't found another Sig fan, but hey everyone has their own preference. If I remember I will bring my two boxes of 7.62x39 ammo with me to unload at the next dinner.

  22. #22
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    Yea the guy in that group threw me off a little. I found out later that that rooms they did have were reserved. I still had a good time though. Thanks to all who came.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •