• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater JUNE Open Carry Dinner

45acpForMe

imported post

wolf-father wrote:
Wow I thought I would at least get a few bites.

I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :)

Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!

wolf-father

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
wolf-father wrote:

I will try to make it. OC forum has been pretty quiet so I logged in to check other threads and found this one. When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.

Lets see if we can muster a crowd. :)

Anyone driving on Coliseum Drive be concious of the 25mph speed limit. That is where I got my $131 ticket last year!

That is good advice I had not thought of that most do have Hampton roads one watched. What did you get a reckless driveing ticket?

Bubba Ron

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
wolf-father wrote:
....When you open a new thread (OC dinner) you might post one to OC tidewater to let us know about it. I tend to read posts that email me automatically often and new threads every now and then.
For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(

45acpForMe

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
For over 3 years now we have had much success in posting our dining outs in one place. That place has typically been Tidewater (month) OC Dining Out posting in more than one place is confusing and unnecessary - once you Reply you are automatically added to the Watch Topic list and will receive email notifications until you turn them off.

Wolf-father, your post, and it's title and timing were fine - unfortunately we will not be able to make this one ;-(
If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers. :)

Bubba Ron

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:

If there was a single OC dinner threadwe would get email after replying. The trouble is if someone creates a new thread you don't get email because you haven't replied to anything yet.Just wanted to make a suggestion so more people would know of the new thread. I enjoy the dinner get togethers. :)
You are correct - why start another thread with a different title? The reason for one each month is so we don't end up with a bunch of pages. It's worked since the beginning, why fix what ain't broke? We all enjoy the dinners and we make it to the ones we can attend.

Bullbuster

imported post

The 17th is fast approaching and not much word on the topic here. I said I'd make it and so did 1 or 2 others. Still no time set. 6pm works best for me as i have to be off to work at 9pm.

wolf-father

imported post

We are still on for dinner at 7. I think I have come up with 10 including myself. So we should be good with out a reservation.