• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Washington

Outsider

imported post

I was born and raised in Washington and my parents live out on the Olympic Peninsula. My wife and I are traveling to Washington for the first time since I have owned a firearm and got my Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. I read the pamphlet and basically think I'm okay. Anything else I really need to know about?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sales tax is insane, the governor is crazy with running the place into the ground, and ummm Tacoma doesn't smell near as bad anymore.:p

Manu

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Sales tax is insane, the governor is crazy with running the place into the ground, and ummm Tacoma doesn't smell near as bad anymore.:p
you forgot to mention he should take to dinner every OCerhe come across. kidding... just check this forum you will get pretty much everythign you need to know.

Squeak

imported post

Manu, Where's your eatin' place? I'd love to try some good food! It IS good, right?:lol:

jeeper1

imported post

Outsider, if you get to the Olympic peninsula and want to do some informal shooting, email me. Email addy is in my profile.

Tawnos

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Sales tax here sure beats the pants off sales + income tax in CA. At least here I'm taxed on what I choose to spend, akin to "fair tax" proposals.