• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry... fun at the gas station...

SigPacker

imported post

I had to run out for a bit this evening to get gas and some beer... (it was a long day) decided to bring my dog (7 month old East German/Czech Black Sable purebred German Shepherd - Codename: Juno) and open carry my Sig 229 .357SiG. Im wearing formal gray dress pants, black Polo Shirt (5.11 tactical FTW!), Dress shoes and driving my Audi A8 (see movie Ronin) I get to the chevron on 320th and Military Rd in Federal Way, buy a 6 pack, fill my tank - while doing that I notice a few low lifes hanging out waiting... I figure - wtf, I'll let the dog out and go pee on the other side away from the them.

While Juno is sniffing around a typical drug dealer acura (big rims/body kit/noisy muffler - yah I stereotype) parks about 10 ft away... He then sees me - perhaps my Sig is in the holster facing his way - and the dog sniffing feverishly, druggie stays about 10 seconds he pulls away quick, I then head back to the car, Juno still sniffing around, the low lifes see me and head out pretty quick as well! The caravan leaving was rather comical...

I'd say open carrying reduces crime... YMMV...

Hope Chevron didn't mind! The cashier was super friendly!

SigPacker

imported post

She's just been through puppy and intermediate classes at petsmart, going to advanced soon after that then we're going to get her into shutzhund training and/or search and rescue. She loves to learn!

amlevin

imported post

Now the question is "Did they find somewhere else to be because of you and your gun, or because of the Dog". I used to have a classic Black/Tan german shepherd (Male) that had quite the nose for trouble. At 110 lbs he was almost as good as having a gun. Nobody was interested in trouble. Liked women and was lots of fun to take on a walk:celebrate:celebrate. Good conversation starter.

SigPacker

imported post

Yep, it was an S8, I should have been more clear, same body style, color... awesome move btw! Lotsa Sigs! :)

I'll give it another shot without the dog see if the reaction is the same... who knows.

SP

IanB

imported post

bugly wrote:
its still an Audi, VWs are better.... IMHO, of course
+1

You let a dog ride around in anA8 (with leather seats)?Ferdinand Porscheis shaking his head right about now. Your dog has a codename? OK, I'm done being a jerk. :p

SigPacker

imported post

My GF has a VW... good car... yah... But Im an Audi guy Juno chewed my front armrest of my car, fortunately it was just the cover of it but still grrrrrrr... I wont be leaving her in there for any lenght of time... lol

SP