Thread: Harrison Opera House

Post imported post

It appears that the Harrison Opera House is owned by the city and operated by http://www.sevenvenues.com like the Scope.

I did a search for the ABC License and did not see any Club or Restaurant licenses for it or similar entities.

Should I be ok to carry?

Has any one else carried there?

Post imported post

In case any one else wants to know.

I checked the ABC license# while I was there and it is a Annual MB Special Event.

license # 60599.

Therefore since it is public property and owned by the city and since the ABC license is NOT for a restaurant or club I am under the impression that it is legal to open and/or conceal carry.

Please let me know if anyone thinks differently.

Post imported post

If all is as you say, I think you should be perfectly legal there. Still, you should probably carry copies of the info you cite.

Gentlemen usually wear suit coats or jackets to the opera. Wouldn't that conceal your rig? I really don't think the Virginia tuck is the order of the day with suit coats. And don't even THINK of wearing a tactical rig! Very declasse. :shock: (If you do, please post pictures.)

Post imported post

I've carried there for several opera seasons, and the suit I wear takes care of concealing my IWB rig nicely. After Dan's recent legal win, the fact that it's city property should be hard to question.