• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrison Opera House

skispcs

imported post

It appears that the Harrison Opera House is owned by the city and operated by http://www.sevenvenues.com like the Scope.

I did a search for the ABC License and did not see any Club or Restaurant licenses for it or similar entities.

Should I be ok to carry?

Has any one else carried there?

skispcs

imported post

In case any one else wants to know.

I checked the ABC license# while I was there and it is a Annual MB Special Event.

license # 60599.

Therefore since it is public property and owned by the city and since the ABC license is NOT for a restaurant or club I am under the impression that it is legal to open and/or conceal carry.

Please let me know if anyone thinks differently.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If all is as you say, I think you should be perfectly legal there. Still, you should probably carry copies of the info you cite.

Gentlemen usually wear suit coats or jackets to the opera. Wouldn't that conceal your rig? I really don't think the Virginia tuck is the order of the day with suit coats. And don't even THINK of wearing a tactical rig! Very declasse. :shock: (If you do, please post pictures.)

Tacitus

imported post

I've carried there for several opera seasons, and the suit I wear takes care of concealing my IWB rig nicely. After Dan's recent legal win, the fact that it's city property should be hard to question.