• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

YARD SIGNS

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If we can get GOOD graphics, I was told I can get 8ft banners made for about $150.

Didn't check on other places.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pezhead992 wrote:
What are you saying about my graphics, are they not good enough for you? What would you like I am flying by the seat of my pants here.

I wanted to get a 8ft made for the picnic, but had difficulty in getting a high enough resolution picture. Once we got that taken car of, it was to short a time period, so no banner.

No sir, my apologies, didn't mean to come across that way at all. I think this is a great idea, and the pics you've posted look great. I was simply quoting the guy who makes the banners. Once you blow them up to 8ft, they can get grainy according to him.

Open carry ok to me

imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
I think we NEED a banner, a buddy of mine has horses and wagons he uses in parades, he is more than willing to put a banner on em.

Also right now I am looking at making lots of bumper stickers from my local shop here in town but I need to get a bit of cash first. So as soon as I get them done I will also be sending these out

AaronS

imported post

If the photos came off this web sight, they will not blow up well at all. 72 DPI...

I bet they would work great for a bumper sticker.

GlocksRfun

imported post

My gf works at a place that prints buisness cards. If someone could come up with artwork or a pic of a buisness card, I'll see how much it costs. Not sure if it'll be cheaper somewheres else, but it's worth a shot.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Was just playing around on a website (123print.com) making a business card. Here's what I came up with...

Front:
ocdofront.jpg

Back:
ocdoback.jpg

BTW, these are $3.95 per 100 from the website. I used a normal business card template, just putting in my text (instead of business name and shit) and then moving it to where it needed to be. Then on the back, just put reasons why I carry and added the picture from the home page here. These are really easy to edit on this site, so if anyone is interested can go make your own, with whatever on it.

Yooper

imported post

Has anyone here thought of starting an open carry organization?
Here in MI, the guys from opencarry.org's MI page have started a state organization.

The website is miopencarry.org

You can join as a member, and buy merchandise among other things.

Check it out, and maybe some of you could come up with a wiopencarry.org

GlocksRfun

imported post

That'll be a lot cheaper than what she can get. She was saying something like $50 for 100.... or something along those lines. She's not into billing so who knows. Who is that girl in the blue shirt I see everywhere? She's kinda cute.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GlocksRfun wrote:
Who is that girl in the blue shirt I see everywhere? She's kinda cute.
lol I'd have to agree! She's on the home page and I just took that picture from there.

For anyone who would like a business card like I posted...

ocdofront.jpg

ocdoback.jpg

1) Go to http://www.123print.com/Business-Cards and choose your card. I chose Antique Flag.

2) Enter the text on any of the lines. Each line below is on a different line, as you can only have the text so wide, and it doesn't wrap to a new line. Can just copy and paste from below. For the back, click 'Add Text' and you will create a new line of text. Create a new one for each line you want.

Front text:
OpenCarry.org
"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"
Who is responsible for your safety?
Police do not protect you from crime,
they usually just investigate the crime
after it happens and then call somebody
to clean up the mess.
"If you want to carry a gun in Wisconsin,
wear it on your hip."
-Gov. Jim Doyle (March 2006)

Back text:
I don't carry a gun to kill poeple.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because this world can be a scary place.
I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
I carry a gun because I love life and
the people who make it meaningful to me.

3) Rearrange the text to where you want. Resize, and add any styles like bold or italics. Change the font too if you'd like. I left the font the same, and used 8 pt. for most of it, and 10 for a few of the ones that look bigger. Then just bolded some, and added italics to others.

4) Add a picture to the back if you want. I attached the picture of the girl with the gun for you to use. Click 'Add Logo/Artwork' and then browse to the image and upload it. Then resize it and place it where you'd like on the card.

5) Order them and pass them out to people!

I'm not sure how to make a card and save it for others to go and purchase, but if I can I will do that!

EDIT: Okay so I just noticed you can upload an ENTIRE business card to get printed. I just started an Adobe Photoshop class, but lets see if I can use my amazing skills and make a high resolution card so people on here can upload it and order their own.