Thread: winfrees

Post imported post

Post imported post

That's too bad.

I used to ride my bike to that store as a kid to look at the guns.

I haven't been in there in years, since I don't buy cigarettes and I hate cigarette smoke.

Post imported post

This sucks! I don't see how they were able to get in. I thought they had a solid front door. The place is built like a little fortress!

By the way, Dr. Mark, I was in there the other day to see if they would accept the VCDL pamphlet rack (they did) and I didn't smell any smoke at all. Maybe a new policy???

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Sorry to hear of this. Didn't even know they were there as many times as I've been in Yorktown.

Trust that the BGs will get long term room and board.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    By the way, Dr. Mark, I was in there the other day to see if they would accept the VCDL pamphlet rack (they did) and I didn't smell any smoke at all. Maybe a new policy???
    Good... I'll have to drop by, assuming they're open.

Supporting local gun shops, in general, is a good thing.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    This sucks! I don't see how they were able to get in. I thought they had a solid front door. The place is built like a little fortress!

I went in there about a month ago for the first time in a LONG time and the 2 ladies seated in the back of the store (where the gun section is) were chain smoking; lightingone after another. I found it difficult to breath, but I had to stick around to look at the wonderful collection of older rifles they have on the back wall.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)